• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me?
    I want to swim away but don't know how
    Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
      She was heading towards Nerine next. Or so she thought. The poor mare didn’t really have any sense of direction. After her last encounter with Leilan in Ischia she just wandered, going nowhere in particular but not traveling very far from the stallion’s Kingdom. It was soon after said encounter that she had begun to realize a change within herself. A change that made her rather frightened of the uncertain future even more than she already had been. By now this change was obvious to all eyes around her with her swelling belly. Yes, she was pregnant. If the circumstances had been different she would’ve been excited about it, happy to have her first foal with a stallion she loved, and who loved her as well. But instead, here she was, frightened of having this foal, simply because of its father, Leilan.

For a while now she had suspicions that his heart wasn’t truly hers. Every smile he gave, every caress, every gentle word and that look in his eyes, oh that look in his eyes. It was a look that would make any mare swoon and feel like one in a million; it was a look of passion and love. But, every time he did any of those things, she felt like his reasons for doing them were because of someone else. He didn’t smile for her, nor were his sweet words and gentle touches for her. And his eyes...whenever he had that passionate and loving look in them, it always seemed as though he was looking at something past her, though they stared at her head on. It looked like he could see something, or someone, she couldn’t. Something that gave him that look of love. And whenever she tried to make sense of it all, she would always be reminded of Breckin. Nothing had happened between her and Leilan while they stood side by side before Roseen, but, there was enough to give her suspicions.

However, it was her own selfishness and desperateness that caused her to act the way she had. She was a fool for ignoring the doubts in her mind and getting with Leilan anyway. She hadn’t seen him since that night in Ischia, which of course made her wonder how he really felt about her. If he had truly had intentions of being her mate, wouldn’t he have stayed by her side afterwards instead of parting ways? She should’ve asked how he felt before anything else, so she wouldn’t be stuck in this predicament. What would he do when he learns about the foal? Would he even care?

She swallowed nervously, heart pounding, mind racing. But then, the unexpected happened. Just ahead of her was Leilan himself, as if her thoughts of him weren’t troubling enough. Taking a deep breath in attempt to calm her nerves, she forced a smile and ushered her legs onward. 

“Hello, Leilan,” she greeted softly, sweetly. “What are you doing out here?”
    ROSEEN
    a nomad

@[Leilan] Yay! I got one xD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me? - by Roseen - 09-18-2018, 12:13 PM