• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  into the amber (any)

I’ll break you a hundred different ways
    and I’ll make you remember my face - - -

If for a moment his eyes flickered with amusement at her remark, it remains lost in the shroud of darkness that stretches between them. It is gone just as quickly as it had come, however, the flat-water surface of his eyes reaching at her through the gaping black, and somehow his voice seems to melt into it.”I can see it in your eyes.” It was something not many would understand. They are in an entirely different era now, with new dynasties and new lands. Their history has become ancient history, and names that were once legends lay forgotten in the sands of the beach. If he were the type it would maybe make him nostalgic, but Raed can only acknowledge the difference. He doesn’t feel it, the way some might.

Briefly, he catches her stare. It would have been easy, then, to slip into her mind. To explore the parts of her that surely no one has touched, the parts that she did not know existed. He could seek them out, every thought and every desire, every weakness and every strength. From that knowledge he could drink, until he was intoxicated with the power of it, but for some reason it is something that Raed rarely does. The mere idea of knowing that he was capable of it is enough for him. No, her thoughts are safe with her tonight, but of course, she never knew they were in danger to begin with.

”North,” her name fits easy on his tongue, but he doesn’t think he knows her. He was terrible at remembering faces and names, even the mares he had children with. He wasn’t good at many things, honestly. This might already be the most memorable conversation he’s ever had, if only because it didn’t involve some dim girl thinking she was the first to make some clever comment on his bright blue coloring. ”I lived nowhere. My mother lived in the Dale and my father the Chamber. I never could find interest in the mind-numbing kingdom life.” He is aware that she might have been one of those kingdom-driven horses, but he does not mince his words. His mother had bled - literal blood - for the Dale, and it was something he never understood.

R A E D
    the cerulean son of
    trashlip and ryatah

@[North]
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)

Messages In This Thread
    into the amber (any) - by North - 09-18-2018, 11:21 AM
    RE: into the amber (any) - by Raed - 09-18-2018, 01:20 PM
    RE: into the amber (any) - by North - 09-20-2018, 03:35 PM
    RE: into the amber (any) - by Raed - 09-27-2018, 06:35 PM
    RE: into the amber (any) - by North - 09-29-2018, 08:23 PM