• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

She had not lived a terrible life, but many terrible things have happened to her. The scars strewn across her body told a story, and it was one with so many heartbreaks and defeats that the idea that you could split open her heart and see happiness was something that was hard to believe. There was one great thing that had happened to her. Something so powerful and magnificent that it drove away every ounce of darkness that had tried to suffocate her. Over time she had began to forget many of the faces she had known from before she lost her eyes. Their images were faded, but not his. Every morning when she wakes up, he is the first thing her mind sees. Sharp and clear, she remembers the lines and angles of his face, the way his lips moved when he was trying to seem strong and not smile at her, the way his eyes had softened when he said that he loved her. She remembers the first time they had ever met, in the Tundra during a diplomatic meeting, and how in an instant there had been a magnetic charge that neither of them could ignore. She had spent so much of her life pining for someone that was not meant for her and then, in an instant, she saw him and it was as though she had never experienced heartbreak in her life. 

He has been gone for so long, but he is still there, grasping her heart, whispering in her ear when she sleeps, and edging into every thought that passes through her mind. 

She cannot count the times she thought she heard him, thought she smelled him, or thought she felt him. 

And then, the  sound of his voice shatters the reverie she has been living in. 

He says her name, and it is like a thousand memories crashing in a wave over top of her, until she is lost in the tide. ”Skellig,” and it is barely a word, but more like her heart finally had a voice, like she has released a breath she didn’t realize she was holding. His touch ignites an electricity in her veins, and her satin lips find his skin. Her mouth feels the familiar curve of his jaw, the arch of his strong neck, and down the slope of his shoulder. She breathes him in, burying her face in his tangled mane, and he smells like a thousand worlds and like home all at once. ”Where did you go?” But it’s not an accusation, there is no malice in the soft whisper of her voice. They are wayward souls, the two of them, and she could never hate him for being gone. All she can do is wait for him to return, like she has before and always would. ”I love you,” she feels like she has to say it now, in case this was a dream, and he would disappear when she woke up. With her small body enveloped in his embrace she sighs, and for the first time in years, Beqanna felt normal again. 

RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[Skellig]

Why the hell are they so cute.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig - by Ryatah - 09-27-2018, 10:21 PM