• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

May you always lead from the beating in your chest; Chryseis, any
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

Unfortunately, her father catches on to the reasoning behind her questions, but she feigns innocence. Chryseis couldn’t imagine why her father would ever think she would do such a thing! She wasn’t planning on swimming with one (actually she hadn’t made it that far in her planning), but she sighs in semi-defeat when he mentions being killed. ”Okay, okay, I promise I won’t look for one by myself.” That was true enough, considering she would probably recruit someone to come with her. But he mentions taking her to see the kelpie, however, and her face brightens again. ”Really, you don’t think she will eat me?” It would be a lot more exciting if she at least tried, but, she supposes at least seeing one with her own eyes would suffice.

”I love you too, dad.” Her smile softens and she bumps her nose against his shoulder, adding with a giggle, ”I’ll do my best to not die.” There will probably be some close calls over the course of her lifetime, but Chryseis loved life too much to have it taken away from her. She loved adventure and excitement, but she had not been blessed with the same gift as her father; once her life was gone, it was gone.

She shakes her head when he asks about Scorch. ”I never saw her. But can we go to Nerine? I want to see Breckin too!” Nerine was some place she had never been, and it wasn’t a secret that Chryseis loved new places. Besides, she has not seen the spotted mare since she became Queen. The gold-blazed filly still did not fully understand the relationship between her father and Breckin, but only because she has never seen them together. She begins to prance eagerly in the direction that would lead to Nerine, turning to ask her father excitedly, ”Can we go now?! I know mom won’t care.”

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

@[Leilan]

Sorry it’s so short, but I figured we could start a new thread in Nerine? (:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: May you always lead from the beating in your chest; Chryseis, any - by Chryseis - 10-08-2018, 11:41 AM