• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit
        Ugh, Spring. Sure, the blooming flowers and fresh vegetation was good ‘n’ all, but it was the thought of birth that made Reva groan. She wasn’t too fond of foals, honestly. Sure they were cute and innocent, but it took energy to keep them entertained, energy she didn’t have. Not mentally, nor physically. They were too energetic, too loud and way too curious for their own good. But it’s when they get a little older that’s the worst. They learn how to use their cuteness and innocent acting to get what they want. Devious little rats. Ugh, it made her shudder. She swore hell would freeze over before she had one of her own.

But for more about now, she’s a wanderer with no real home. She might as well take residence in the Field or Meadow, for that’s where she spent most of her time. As for the Kingdoms, she never really payed any attention to them. They might make a great home for her, with plenty of shelter and food and lots of company. But she didn’t think that suited her. She wasn’t antisocial by any means; she just didn’t like the idea of having a King or Champion over her. She didn’t like being ranked, or told what to do. She wanted to be treated as an equal and do things her own way. She only wished more would respect that about her.

In all her years of life she had only met one who did respect her, and gave her the treatment she so desired. But it had been a long time since she’d seen him. For a moment she wondered how he was faring, if he’d managed to find a home of his own and maybe even a mate. And perhaps, he’d managed to remember something of his past. Even just a fragment would be satisfactory to her. He’d been searching for so long; he deserves it.

Little did she know just how close he was. 

@[Diarmuit]

Diarmuit

It has been a while since he first came into Beqanna and began his search for someone, but his search surely would’ve gone much quicker if he hadn’t been taking his sweet time. By all means he was in no rush to find his longtime friend, for he knew they would cross paths someday eventually. He also knew how she thought better than most; despite how rarely she stays in one place, even she wouldn’t pass up the chance to explore Beqanna simply for its Kingdoms. It had much to explore, so she would be staying a while herself. Besides, he’d heard she decided to stay in Beqanna for good. So, yeah, he had plenty of time.

His wings beat strongly as he soared through the sky, while his moon-like eyes searched the land below. Flying was something he did to help with his search in large, open areas, while he remained grounded to search in places he couldn’t see from above. He had decided to start in the obvious places first, the Field, Meadow and Forest. The Kingdoms he would save for last, simply because they weren’t as simple and open. The populations there was  more numerous as well, so he’d have to be more thorough in his search for her familiar face. But it wasn’t as if she was the easiest to recognize. Her coat and mane were very common amongst many breeds, so it would be easy to mistake another for her. But as long as he got a closer look at her, he’d know right away. Though, he doubted she’d be in a highly populated area such as a Kingdom. He knew how much it didn’t suit her. That isn’t to say she wouldn’t at least visit.

This is when a specific horse caught his attention from down below. A dappled gray with an ombré mane and tail of dark gray and cream. So far the horse fit her description perfectly; time for a closer look. He dived down and beat his wings a few times to slow and steady himself for landing. His hooves caused a muffled yet loud thump as they met with the grass covered ground. One last stretch of his wings and a flick from his tail and he walked closer to the horse. A mare, obviously. And as she turned her head to look in his direction, he was immediately enchanted by her familiar dark eyes. Like the depths of the ocean, beautiful, deep, but strong. It took all he had to not be overcome and swept away. 

And so he grinned softly, his tone calm, “There you are. You’ve proved to be quite the troublesome find.”

A certain darkness is needed to see the stars

©Vanilla

@[Reva]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was as if her own thoughts had summoned him to stand before her. Her first reaction was to blink in wonder as if she'd been tricked by vision. But he was really there, his monotone figure standing tall and proud. His long curls flowed lightly as the wind sighed, his tremendous raven-like wings tucked nicely at his sides. Diarmuit looked just as mysterious and alluring as he had when she'd last seen him. Quiet and dark as the night, with silvery eyes to match the moon. A handsome stallion indeed now that he was all grown up, despite his lack of colors. But she had no interest in becoming romantically involved with anyone, so his charm had no impact on her.

Usually her heated temper would show whenever someone greeted her like he did, if that could be considered a greeting. But he was the exception. There was a longing in her heart that made it difficult for her to not embrace him the best she could, her desire to see her closest friend since childhood finally being relieved with satisfaction. But her pride was on the line. Of course, she needn't trouble herself with such things around him, but she wanted everyone to see how strong and independent she was. Even him.

So instead of surrendering to her desires, she feigned irritation mockingly. "How rude. After all this time we finally see each other again, and that's how you greet me? By telling me how much trouble I am?" She complained. "Well, nice to see you, too. Now what the heck are you doing here?" She was making herself seem as rude as he had, though her true feelings were completely different. She really was happy to see him.

Reva

though I walk in the calm, do tread lightly, for I am the storm

Diarmuit

The way he had spoken to her had been entirely deliberate, and her reaction was no less than satisfactory. He restrained a chuckle of amusement, and instead went straight to business, his small grin falling as his expression hid all emotion. That was the look he always wore; one devoid of all feeling. It's what made him seem so mysterious, by making others wonder what he's thinking and how he truly feels. Rarely did he ever show his emotions, and containing them took astounding self restraint. This time he had only allowed a grin to form solely to pick on Reva. 

"I ran into your brother as I was passing through," he started, "He told me you were here and planned on staying, so I decided to pay you a visit." His reason sounded simple enough, but there was another reason he wasn't telling her. He knew how she felt on the matter, and so he bore the weight of his true feelings alone, silently. It would save him from immense pain. However, he often times wondered if it would be any better than the suffering he's already enduring. Either way, he wouldn't risk it.

"How are you enjoying Beqanna? Have you decided on a home yet? I hear there are plenty of Kingdoms that are perfect to stay in," he asked, though he felt he already knew the answer. So much has happened since he last saw her, so there was much to catch up on. He wanted to know if she had made any new friends, if her feelings have changed somehow and has a mate now. He wanted to know everything.

©Vanilla

She sniggered when she heard about her brother, adding with a playful tone and a teasing grin, “Good for nothing- I should’ve known he couldn’t keep his mouth shut.” Like her, her sibling rarely stayed in one place, so when she ran into him a while ago in Beqanna it wasn’t a surprise. She had known he was in that direction anyway. But when they crossed paths he was headed in the direction she came from, back towards their birth home. At the time she had already seen a lot of the land and decided to stay, something she shared with her brother during their brief conversation. 

But, whatever. It wasn’t like she was hiding anything, so it was fine that her brother told Diarmuit of her whereabouts. In fact, she was grateful he did. Because of it she got to see her friend again. Even though his greeting, and hers alike, were less than friendly, it made her heart warm. This was simply because that’s how they always acted towards each other for years. After being away from him for so long and finding he acted the same way when seeing her again, it let her know things hadn’t changed between them over time. 

Her ears raised at his question, and she blinked. “Oh, yeah. This place is pretty nifty,” she replied, her playful tone gone. “The Kingdoms are interesting ‘n’ all, but you should already know that kind of life doesn’t suit me. They have leaders and ranks and all that stupid stuff. I don’t want to be pushed around and told what to do.” She added that last sentence matter-of-factly, nodding in agreement with her own words. She then raised a brow, looking at him curiously. “What about you?” She asked. “If you’re just visiting, does that mean you don’t plan on staying here?” Her own words almost caused her to wince with realization, the thought of him leaving so soon after their long desired reunion making her heart squeeze. Even if he did plan on leaving, she hoped it wouldn’t be until after they caught up on what’s been going on since their separation. She was curious to know just how much he has changed, as well as their relationship.

Reva

though I walk in the calm, do tread lightly, for I am the storm

Diarmuit

Diarmuit cracked a small grin, one that was barely noticeable, as she joked about her brother. Though she was clearly trying to be playful, he knew her words held some truth. He was friendly with her brother as well -the three of them grew up together after all- so he knew well enough that her brother was never good at keeping secrets. Either he would get too excited about something and blurt it out, or feel too guilty to contain certain secrets any longer. And the worst was when he never realized that something was meant to be kept hidden and spoke of it to others. He recalled all the times he and Reva got into trouble with her mother as foals. The dappled gray and him used to get into all sort of trouble, though most would never believe he used to do such things. He was responsible now, and had grown quite mature. 

She then answered his question just as he imagined she would. No excitement or real interest at all. She was never really one to talk about how she felt about places she visited, only things she intended on doing. When it came to getting involved in something that’s either dangerous or illegal, she would go on about it for days. A daredevil she was, with no room for fear in her entire body. That was one thing he admired about her, and enjoyed. Not many mares -at least where they were from- were willing to risk getting mildly hurt or in trouble just because something seemed fun. He couldn’t even count how many scars they had gotten from their ‘adventures’ when they were younger.

Ears pricking when she turned a question at him, he moved his head to admire the open land around them. “My initial plans were to visit,” he started. “But this place is growing on me a little. I think I’ll be staying. At least for a little while.” He looked at her through a side glance, silent for a moment. Then an idea came to him, and he turned his head to look at her fully, a sly grin appearing. “You don’t want me to stay, do you? I should’ve known you couldn’t make it on your own.” This way by no means an attempt at flirting; he wasn’t that kind of stallion. No, it was teasing. He was simply picking fun at her, suggesting she was like a foal that always needed help and guidance.

And if he knew her as well as he thought, she’d give him a satisfying response.

©Vanilla