• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit

She sniggered when she heard about her brother, adding with a playful tone and a teasing grin, “Good for nothing- I should’ve known he couldn’t keep his mouth shut.” Like her, her sibling rarely stayed in one place, so when she ran into him a while ago in Beqanna it wasn’t a surprise. She had known he was in that direction anyway. But when they crossed paths he was headed in the direction she came from, back towards their birth home. At the time she had already seen a lot of the land and decided to stay, something she shared with her brother during their brief conversation. 

But, whatever. It wasn’t like she was hiding anything, so it was fine that her brother told Diarmuit of her whereabouts. In fact, she was grateful he did. Because of it she got to see her friend again. Even though his greeting, and hers alike, were less than friendly, it made her heart warm. This was simply because that’s how they always acted towards each other for years. After being away from him for so long and finding he acted the same way when seeing her again, it let her know things hadn’t changed between them over time. 

Her ears raised at his question, and she blinked. “Oh, yeah. This place is pretty nifty,” she replied, her playful tone gone. “The Kingdoms are interesting ‘n’ all, but you should already know that kind of life doesn’t suit me. They have leaders and ranks and all that stupid stuff. I don’t want to be pushed around and told what to do.” She added that last sentence matter-of-factly, nodding in agreement with her own words. She then raised a brow, looking at him curiously. “What about you?” She asked. “If you’re just visiting, does that mean you don’t plan on staying here?” Her own words almost caused her to wince with realization, the thought of him leaving so soon after their long desired reunion making her heart squeeze. Even if he did plan on leaving, she hoped it wouldn’t be until after they caught up on what’s been going on since their separation. She was curious to know just how much he has changed, as well as their relationship.

Reva

though I walk in the calm, do tread lightly, for I am the storm

Messages In This Thread
    Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Reva - 09-18-2018, 04:01 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Diarmuit - 09-18-2018, 07:06 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Reva - 09-20-2018, 07:14 AM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Diarmuit - 09-20-2018, 03:44 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Reva - 09-22-2018, 01:50 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Diarmuit - 10-19-2018, 03:26 PM