• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit

Diarmuit

Diarmuit cracked a small grin, one that was barely noticeable, as she joked about her brother. Though she was clearly trying to be playful, he knew her words held some truth. He was friendly with her brother as well -the three of them grew up together after all- so he knew well enough that her brother was never good at keeping secrets. Either he would get too excited about something and blurt it out, or feel too guilty to contain certain secrets any longer. And the worst was when he never realized that something was meant to be kept hidden and spoke of it to others. He recalled all the times he and Reva got into trouble with her mother as foals. The dappled gray and him used to get into all sort of trouble, though most would never believe he used to do such things. He was responsible now, and had grown quite mature. 

She then answered his question just as he imagined she would. No excitement or real interest at all. She was never really one to talk about how she felt about places she visited, only things she intended on doing. When it came to getting involved in something that’s either dangerous or illegal, she would go on about it for days. A daredevil she was, with no room for fear in her entire body. That was one thing he admired about her, and enjoyed. Not many mares -at least where they were from- were willing to risk getting mildly hurt or in trouble just because something seemed fun. He couldn’t even count how many scars they had gotten from their ‘adventures’ when they were younger.

Ears pricking when she turned a question at him, he moved his head to admire the open land around them. “My initial plans were to visit,” he started. “But this place is growing on me a little. I think I’ll be staying. At least for a little while.” He looked at her through a side glance, silent for a moment. Then an idea came to him, and he turned his head to look at her fully, a sly grin appearing. “You don’t want me to stay, do you? I should’ve known you couldn’t make it on your own.” This way by no means an attempt at flirting; he wasn’t that kind of stallion. No, it was teasing. He was simply picking fun at her, suggesting she was like a foal that always needed help and guidance.

And if he knew her as well as he thought, she’d give him a satisfying response.

A certain darkness is needed to see the stars

©Vanilla
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Messages In This Thread
    Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Reva - 09-18-2018, 04:01 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Diarmuit - 09-18-2018, 07:06 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Reva - 09-20-2018, 07:14 AM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Diarmuit - 09-20-2018, 03:44 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Reva - 09-22-2018, 01:50 PM
    RE: Old bonds resurface - Diarmuit - by Diarmuit - 10-19-2018, 03:26 PM