• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[any]► limned with gold leaf; the scarlet brush

To the eye a sliver of sunlight pierces the canopy, burns and brightens the depths of the forest: illuminates the veins of leaves and the shadows within the bark of the trees. It cascades over her face and darkness fills the sunken in cheeks and maw, forces her eyes to close and when she opens them after pulling back- away… she sees the glimmer of pollen and dust, the specks of earth disturbed by her hooves, The primordium smells of dew and of loamy soil, metallic and strane: she can taste it and for the faintest second there is the sensation of voracious hunger that burns in her belly.

Yet? None of it matters, instead there is a sound of hooves and soft steps… of breathing and of the heart that rattles within a chest not her own. Sharp breath inhaled suddenly, and Yidhra’s throat rattled and moaned: a rasping breath exhaled and her words touched by thick accent, ancient and without origin; but nonetheless, audible.

“Is it often the young wander,” she pauses, her body turning slowly and in such a manner as the the motions were not streamline nor smooth but instead they were jaunty and improbable for the body she possessed. Robotic and clanky, uneasy too, and the sunken in ribs and sharp hips became little more than things in the shadow behind her.

Lurching her spine and rolling back the shoulders Yidhra rose to full height, skeletal and malnurished: her shaggy fur matting and tattered mane and tail draped lazily about her body. With teal eyes she watched Abysm, stared and waited, but unmoving she remained a ways from the boy. Darker and spotted with dirt the impossible creature laughed darkly, chuckled and offered what could’ve been a smile.

“So freely and without a mother to guide them? Or are you weaned and seeking, longing to find a place in the world that has torn you from the teat of your life-giver? Questions, but, do not answer them- they matter as little as the fly nesting within the corpse of the log several paths away. Call me Yidhra if you wish, or if you care to talk and stay.”

So it was she stopped, her shoulders rolling back and hips swaying when she stepped forward- approached and drew near, stopping on the edge of the sunlight breaking through the canopy. 

Yidhra

@[abysm] my job killed me I so sorry that was severely delayed

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [any]► limned with gold leaf; the scarlet brush - by Yidhra - 09-25-2018, 10:09 PM