• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[any]► limned with gold leaf; the scarlet brush

Bleary and tired, her eyes have not perhaps adjusted to the light: to the strange beams that break the canopy and illuminate the foliage and fauna. She finds this most evident as the creature turns her head and feels a wateriness in her ears- sees the light darken and burn upon the ground: as it ripples and waves. Like many submerged too long, she also feels her body moving in ways it does not, and she feels her balance utterly lacking as the sensation of up and down… of ebb and flow weaves itself deeper through the fibers of her being.

“Long ago,” she says, voice dripping in the ancient tongues and accents of worlds long gone. The husky breath and smoke still drowned by watery chokes and gasps. “I remember a place like this, or I think I do, but it was deep and dark and filled with life that had been forgotten. Creatures with feathers and scales, sharp teeth: and where my children once played.” the latter is harder to say, to speak. She waivers in a way that is audible, her voice trailing off and the strange beasts body shrinking back a moment as she smells musky spore and ancient wood, rotting.

Attentions flitters here and there, to fireflies and cricket: the cicada burrowing for next year. She looks to Abysm again and sees shaped and form- sees change and a strangeness that she cannot place. Her mind imagined him as a boy, where he was a man and for the seconds passing she sees him again as a child… as a boy, small and strange.

This once-great leviathan shudders as she feels the chill of the breeze on her matted and grotesque fur: on her fragile and almost skeletal figure. She regards him then with a profound and deep sort of stare: with her teal eyes glimmering and the blackened and coagulated blood lingering where it had dripped from the nostrils (more notable on the white side of her face). “Foolish as it may be,” she continues, pained by the pressure of her chest and the weight of her lungs. “I had secretly hoped to find that it was here, the memories- the, dreams. That this was the place they originate from. It seems however it is not, and that instead this is another unfamiliar place: where the magics are unknown to me.”

Simplistic and calm she turns, all creaking bone and stiff muscle. She drifts between seeing what he presents, and what he is: what she mistook him for. Fascinated by the changes the abyssal creature and her spattered coat seem to linger and watch: to wait. “Some are more gifted in it than others, and I must say… how they use it, is a curiosity.”

And there, there in that moment the creature shifts and changes: its colors and form still the same but beneath that skin an eerie and large eye is opening. 

Yidhra

@[abysm] I'm really just kind of going on the whole thing of, at this point she's not sure what she sees. Her eyesight probably isn't great yet after wandering around the ocean  xD   Also I thought he was a baby!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [any]► limned with gold leaf; the scarlet brush - by Yidhra - 10-28-2018, 02:49 PM