• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising - anyone
    The stallion that appears ahead of me is massive, and for a long moment I simply stare. I don't think I've ever met anyone quite so tall as he is, or as broad, and for a moment I feel uncomfortably weak. I drown that sensation almost instantly and replace it with pride. That raises my head just a bit, enough so that when he dips his head in greeting I remain motionless, acknowledging him as a queen would.

Old habits die hard, and it seems that mine never did.

The air of propriety fades in an instant, when the pale stallion sneezes and I grin freely. "I'd heard spring comes later to Nerine than the rest of Beqanna, but I see now that isn't true." My tone is light, and I wait until Ardashir has gathered himself together to answer the rest of his questions.

"I came to take advantage of the friendship between our kingdoms and see what Nerine is like," I tell him. That is the truth - at least part of it - but my intentions are harmless at heart. I know that Nerine is freindly with most of Beqanna's lands, but I am not certain how familiar Ardashir might be with that, or with the realm that I hail from. PErhaps it's best to introduce myself more fully.

"I'm Lepis." I tell him, "Cleric of Loess" - there is the faintest of pauses here, a wait to see his reaction that title before adding my other - "and Queen of Sylva."

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Lepis - 09-19-2018, 07:53 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Lepis - 09-21-2018, 07:44 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Lepis - 09-25-2018, 06:41 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Lepis - 10-21-2018, 10:45 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - anyone - by Lepis - 10-29-2018, 09:29 AM