• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The beginning of a life, and the ending of another - Birthing, any
    Breckin sighed.

An attempt to loosen the blunt ache behind her eyes.  There was an omen of a thick emotional past and having been around Nalia for some time, it left the leopard woman to believe that it belonged to the swollen bay mare.  Unfortunately, Breckin couldn't stunt her suspicions.  The timing of everything unfolding in her own recent emotional past was just too obvious to deny its consideration.  Leilan had only recently resurfaced in the never-ending confusion of her life in the last onslaught of winter's wrath, where he had shown her some of the painful memories that he carried.  It still hurt, in all sincerity, to know her own lacking decisions had sparked the fuse of so many other poor choices made.  Time would have to be the balm to her own regret, it would just have to be something that would gradually lessen.  Or so she seriously hoped.

Looking back between Nalia and Roseen evenly in their respective turns, the gentle smile she wears stays painstakingly true.  Dark eyes linger over the bay woman's abdomen again, daring a closer assessment of exactly how far along she was exactly.  She couldn't claim to ever have ever been pregnant herself, but the many distances she had put into traveling had exposed her to several things, including time spent around other expectant mothers.  Furrowing her brow in contemplation, she made a soft sound at the back of her throat.  "That's a good idea, Nalia, but I am thinking something even nearer might be best."

"I understand your journey was trying, why don't we get you just over there?  It's probably wisest if we don't make you go much further." Smiling in soft reassurance, she turns from them, politely denying any dissent with the idea, not that she entirely expected there to be any.  

Leading them to a copse of trees, the lower limbs of the great pine lowered and boughed, weaving together to form a suitable makeshift shelter for the time being.  It wouldn't be as private as a grotto, or even the sweetest privacy that Nerine's coastal caves were known for.  But this would do for now.

Standing vigil nearby, she waits patiently for Roseen to rest, before speaking again.  "I'm glad you came to experience Nerine.  Perhaps later I can give you a tour as I had promised before."   Before when she had been a diplomat, of course, but things had changed.  Not enough, however, for the latest Queen of Nerine to go back on a promise made. 

BRECKIN

call me forward when the crown falls

@[Roseen] @[Nalia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The beginning of a life, and the ending of another - Birthing, any - by Breckin - 09-23-2018, 07:07 AM