• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Already choking on my pride // Any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

I'm visiting her again, in my dreams.

It's not a true visit, in the sense that she is more hologram than any ounce the real version of herself. But it is her, or the her I have stored in my memory from our meeting long ago atop the peaks of Hyaline, that I visit: swathe in vines and tattoos, my very likeness and my very name. Kagerou - Queen of the Amazon Jungle, the land within which I was raised. In my dream, I follow her about her kingdom, visiting old haunts and reimagining my childhood as if she had been with me all along: it will be painful to wake up to later, knowing I never had that and never would, but it feels good in the moment.

I wish I could be in your kingdom with you, I say in the dream.
    I know, dear granddaughter, comes her reply. I know.

As the dream falls away and dissolves, I expect to awaken to the comfortable (though hugely overpacked) family grotto in Hyaline: but instead, I am suddenly perched atop a mighty cliff, the powerful scent of salt water burning my lungs as it comes without warning. "God's damnit!" I mutter as my blinking eyes swing from side to side, finally identifying this place as Nerine. I've not visited often, but I recognize it, and more easily, I recognize my homeland's mountains due south. "When I'd wished to be in your kingdom, I hadn't meant literally."

Sometimes, dreams are fickle like that - and besides, this is a minor offense compared to what's gone wrong with this magic in the past.

Sighing, I turn to begin the journey south. But the rising sun illuminates what appears to be a gemstone in the shape of a horse, her facets reflecting rainbows like prisms and diamonds. I'd heard of Sabra, opalescent queen of a kingdom some years ago, but we'd never met; I remember also hearing vague stories of her illicit fun with Krone. The thought makes me smile a bit, mostly because I've done far worse with my own wife - in the privacy of our dreams of course - but I wipe the lustful expression off my lips as I approach the gorgeous mare.

"I don't believe we've met, Sabra," I say as I stop next to her, eyeing her from beneath the mighty crown of my antlers. "I'm Kagerus."

@[Sabra]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Kagerus - 09-26-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-26-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-01-2018, 03:49 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM