• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Already choking on my pride // Any
    Long ago a lesson had been learned: expectation is the mother of disappointment. And so she had come without preconceived ideas of who she might meet once within kingdom bounds. Funnily enough she still managed to feel a thread of surprise at the face who greeted her in the clarion light of daybreak. Sabra's own face remained as pleasantly neutral as fresh snow as she took in the majestic figure approaching. With markings more at home on a wildcat, and a crown of antlers that might be more at home on some mighty stag, Kagerus was lovely in the morning light. 

A series of expressions had crossed the approaching mare's face, settling at last on similar neutrality as her steps halt nearby. Sabra's elegantly dished head dipped lightly in acknowledgment of Kagerus' greeting. "My reputation precedes me, I see. Yours follows suit. A little far from home this morning, are we?" Her silver voice lilted in mild amusement. Kagerus, Queen-Consort to Solace of Hyaline. Her memories of the lakeside kingdom were not very good, but Solace had been a kindness to her when it was sorely needed. Surely one such as she should have good taste in spouse. 

A breeze touches the serene landscape, drawing light fingers through the fiery curtain of Sabra's hair. Silently she promised herself that once she had settled her business today, she should give herself over to the skies for a while. Stress had tightened the muscles of her back and neck. A world of tension making her feel brittle and exhausted. The release she found in the air was second only to that she found in a skillful lover. Neither event had been plentiful recently. Perhaps that accounted for the built up tension she felt... 

Returning her attention to the bay woman, she smiled politely, uncertain as to the goal of this interaction. Kagerus had no say in whether or not she would reside here. Still, she knew the need for decorum and pleasantries when it appeared. "What brings you to Nerine today?" It was small talk, but what else did one do with a stranger? Her mind wandered, a daydream threatening to take her attention. Really, she was out of practice with this kind of interaction. 

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-26-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-01-2018, 03:49 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM