• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Already choking on my pride // Any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

My reputation precedes me, I see. Yours follows suit. A little far from home this morning, are we?

The opalescent woman's words are svelte and comfortable, coloured silver by an amusement that leads my own lips to jaunt pleasantly upward. The salty sea wind that runs its fingers through our manes give me pause as I answer, chuckling as my head turns to consider the vastness of the ocean before us, only a cliff's length away. My eyes close against the way, forgetting for a moment my company's question; it's lovely here, and perhaps in another life, I would have ruled here, as my grandmother had.

"Sorry," I say laughingly as I return to the present world, shaking my head bemusedly as I return my nutmeg gaze to Sabra. "I guess when you said home, I just got a little nostalgic. This was my grandmother's home - or at least, sort of? Not geographically, but in spirit. The spirit of the Amazons lives on here." My eyes go to the pine forests at Sabra's flank, wondering if somewhere in its depths a certain silver leopard flitted, half ghost and whole legend. "I don't know if you were around back then, but they were a great people. Still are," I add hastily, cocking a brow in her direction as if to say you too, if you indeed are living her now. Sighing, I settle into my hips, a pleasant smile gradually taking its place on my lips.

What brings you to Nerine today?
    "I could ask you the same thing, once-Queen of Sylva."

When I turn to gauge her reaction to this statement, my eyes snag on an approaching stallion. I don't know him by sight, but I certainly know him by name, not that he gives it yet; but he is the father of one of my member's daughters, and as Queen, it's my job to know these kinds of things. For now though, I cool my disposition right down and flare my nostrils uninterestedly at the man, ears flicking to the side as he inserts himself into our conversation with an all too self-righteous question.

"I've answered that already, thanks."

@[Sabra]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-26-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Kagerus - 09-30-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-01-2018, 03:49 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM