• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Already choking on my pride // Any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Perhaps if I'd not woken up hours from home and if I'd not been having such a nice conversation with a fellow Queen, I'd have been nicer; but I was just about to gush about the Amazons to Sabra, a seemingly keen listener with eyes that glisten like crystals, when we were interrupted. And in fact, as I stand with an ambivalent expression and disinterestedly twitching ears, I'm not even one bit sorry. Solace is the diplomat Queen; these folks are talking to the alliance runner up.

But then Sabra is chastising me in that mellow, humourous tone of hers, and I figure I'd better grow up and be the adult in the situation. Turning to her with a sweet sweet smile - and yes, I can see you over there Leilan making faces at Sabra as if we aren't all standing within ten feet of each other - I allow a chuckle to ease the tension in my breast, gentle shaking out my locks as I sigh and consider her words. "Ah, courtesy. Forgive me my impudence." This I say directly to Leilan, a brow cocked in playful humour to see if he might be receptive to friendship. "I woke up in a different kingdom by accident, the wrong side of (the) be(d)qanna." Sid laughs as she writes this. She thinks she's funny; I succeed in not rolling my eyes at her antics.

Sabra and Leilan go on to exchange names and titles and information, and I am happy to listen as they do, tucking the information away for later though I doubt I'll really need it. When Leilan asks if there's anything he can do for me, I snort quietly in surprise; I'd woken up here by accident! But then I run my mind over some possibilities, figuring that if not now, then when?

"Perhaps if you could let Khaleesi Breckin know that Hyaline is on friendly terms with Tephra, and still steadfast in its alliances with both Nerine and Ischia, that would be good." I smile thoughtfully. "Always good to keep one another updated, what with all these wild leader changes going on." At the words, my eyes flash a little apologetically to Sabra, realizing that she had at one point been one of the ones to change; but then I realize that I will be too, someday, and the look lessens some. Life is cyclical, and repetitive: we all live the same lives, just with some different poetry to describe the same means to the same end.

"Who are your children, Sabra? I have six of my own, in Hyaline."

@[Sabra] apparently the only way to go from Bitchkag back to normal Kag is to break the fourth wall so here you are
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 09-26-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-01-2018, 03:49 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Kagerus - 10-01-2018, 11:17 PM
    RE: Already choking on my pride // Any - by Sabra - 10-08-2018, 01:24 PM