• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One
    I am entering as Revel, using my 1 hour extension if possible. If not, please pretend this never happened :|

--------------

“Yer a wizard Harry!”

He chuckles to himself at his own (clearly) witty humor. How he is able to quote that particular movie given this world's regrettable lack of Harry Potter films remains a mystery, but for the sake of this post, we'll pretend. Besides, he's the perfect wizard, what with his lovely and permanent wizardly attire. The dark orange of his coat adorned with dusky blue swirls and bedazzled by glittering stars is hardly suited to anything else. Add a long white beard (that fluffy, fake kind that hangs beneath his chin by a string about his nose) and a ratty wizard’s hat resting jauntily over one ear and voila! The best Dumbledore one ever did see, if he did say so himself.

With a delighted toss of his head, he trips off into the forest in search of that wiley little spirit. Obviously, he's hiding in the forest, because where else would one hide. Or was it Taiga? Hell and damnation, maybe he should've gone there.

Well, he's here now so might as well look. “Ohhhh Mr Lantern!” he crows into the trees. With a slightly wicked grin on his lips he peeks around trees and peers into warrens as he hunts for the mysterious spirit. But oh, does he have a few little tricks up his sleeve for that sly little guy.

At least, until his glorious beard catches upon a tree branch. He skids to an abrupt halt when he feels the tug on his nose. “Well, hell,” he mutters, tugging a bit harder. Damn. Wouldn't hands just be the handiest thing right now?

Heheh.

---

How did he get here, you might ask? Good question, my friend. As it turns out, Revel can't resist a taunting cackle and rhyme. So, he'd scrounged up his costume to lure out the little bugger. Where he'd found a hat and beard, I can't honestly tell you. Maybe Jack O'Lantern has a few more tricks up his sleeve than we'll ever know. But like a mysterious stroke of good fortune, there they'd been, the cheap Party City costumes we all know and love. And boy does Revel love them. You can just tell he's about to have a grand ol’ time.