• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One
    <style>.dizzyquestlayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#0b0528;} .dizzyquestgradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#2b0301, #640906, #2b0301); background: -o-linear-gradient(#2b0301, #640906, #2b0301); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#2b0301, #640906, #2b0301); background: linear-gradient(#82b6cb, #82b6cb, #82b6cb); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .dizzyquesttex{width:622px; background-image:url('https://i.postimg.cc/4djNK375/dizzyquesttex.png');background-size:repeat;padding:10px;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;border:1px solid #000;} .dizzyquestpic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url('https://i.postimg.cc/q7svtrXV/dizzyquestpic.png');background-size:contain;margin-bottom:-40px;} .dizzyquestname {width:600px; height:100px; background-image:url('https://i.postimg.cc/j5h21TLQ/dizzyquestname.png');background-size:contain;margin-top:-50px;} .dizzyquestpost {padding:40px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;text-align:justify;font:13px times;color:#be9b65;}</style><center><div class=dizzyquesttex><div class=dizzyquestgradient><div class=dizzyquestlayout><div class=dizzyquestpic></div><div class=dizzyquestpost>God, Diz was such a sucker for Halloween. The costumes, the makeup, the ridiculous parties, the general spookiness - she’d always loved a good scare, something to send shivers up her spine, get the adrenaline coursing through her veins. It was her favorite holiday, and she couldn’t help but go all out.

This year, she’d talked a friend into helping her out with some body paint and makeup all dead with a touch of blue and stitched together, with the most ridiculously oversized sad-haunted-hopeful eyes. She’d bribed an old co-worker with a hand for sewing to make her a nice, quality ragged patchwork dress, and tracked herself down the perfect long dark red Sally hair. She’d even taken the time to make Sally’s black flower, listening to the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack while getting her craft on.

Too bad her Jack was nowhere to be found.

Kinda hard to keep hoping after almost a year without a sight of him, kinda hard to believe he’d meant it anymore when he’d promised to come back to her whenever he could. She’d seen love in his eyes that last time, she knew she had.

Maybe that was why. He wasn’t exactly the settle down and be happy type.

Sighing, she ran a hand through her temporary hair, fussed with it a little more, did a last touch up of her makeup. Fuck it. Tonight wasn’t about that gorgeous bastard Dov. Tonight was about having fun, getting drunk, and dancing with some friends.

She was sure as fuck dragging Arrya out too, after the hell of a week she’d had. Poor bitch had only so much as kissed three guys, and after that dumpster fire of a breakup it was Dizzy’s goal to double that number tonight. Or hell, at least add one to it. Even if she had to throw back a shot of Patron and do it herself.

There. Ready. She gave a spin, looking at herself in the mirror and grinning at the effect. She made a damn fine Sally, if she did say so herself. Grabbed her little purse with some cash, her ID, and a couple of other little props. Slipped on some sexy heels, grabbed her keys, and headed out to go pick up her girl and drag her out for a fun damn night if it killed them both.

The second she walked out the door though a thick fog rolled in, turning orange and smelling of...pumpkin spice latte? The hell?

Dizzy took a few cautious steps forward, frowning a little as the concrete under her feet <i>changed.</i> The smell of pine and rich, dark forest washed over her, and the fog faded back out, losing its orange color and its weird pumpkin spice scent. Perplexed, Dizzy kept walking, heels sinking into ground thickly blanketed in pine needles. Maybe she was dreaming? Probably dreaming, yeah, this was definitely a thing that only happened in dreams.

Okay. She could handle a dream.

Deep breath in, let it slowly out, and she looked around at the towering redwood trees, far wider around than she could reach. A voice in the back of her head whispered <i>Taiga,</i> which I mean made no sense at all. She didn’t remember much about grade school science, but she was pretty sure taigas were like snow forests or some shit? Like a step south from arctic tundras? Whatever, she could roll with it, dreams didn’t always have to make sense.

And hey, if it was a dream, she didn’t have to worry about needing to find her way back to some random spot in the middle of a forest, right? So she kept on walking, searching for gods knew what. The forest was appropriately spooky as fuck, wind rustling through the trees making her shiver, old burn scars on some of the trees, some like old lava flows? that the land had begun to reclaim with greenery. Hell, it felt <i>haunted</i> somehow, like she could almost hear the faintest echoes of screaming.

Well. Worked for her, and she kept on searching, though she wasn't entirely sure what for. The dream would probably tell her eventually, huh? Fair enough.</div><div class=dizzyquestname></div></div></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Jassal - 09-22-2018, 12:04 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by North - 09-24-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Glassheart - 09-24-2018, 10:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Briseis - 09-28-2018, 02:23 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Ilma - 09-28-2018, 03:01 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Decimate - 09-28-2018, 03:08 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Faolin - 09-28-2018, 04:53 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Disastardly - 09-29-2018, 11:52 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Zoryn - 09-29-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Otrera - 09-29-2018, 11:03 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by insane - 09-30-2018, 12:58 AM