• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One
    <style>.zorlayout {width:450px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#010101;} .zorgradient {width:450px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#0c122c, #10193c, #0c122c); background: -o-linear-gradient(#0c122c, #10193c, #0c122c); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#0c122c, #10193c, #0c122c); background: linear-gradient(#101010, #494949, #101010); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .zorpic {width:450px; height:600px; background-image:url('https://i.postimg.cc/44cSWy7V/zor.png');background-size:contain;margin-bottom:-25px;} .zorpost {padding:20px;text-align:justify;font:13px times;color:#969696;}</style><center><div class=zorgradient><div class=zorlayout><div class=zorpic></div><div class=zorpost>
    He lays in bed when the words reach him.

<i>"Double, double, toil and trouble."</i>

It's all he can do not to roll his damn eyes. He doesn't care where they came from, didn't matter. Nothing much mattered to him right now. Except his two precious girls, currently cuddled together in a pallet next to his mattress. He sighs as he looks at them, grateful for the fact they didn't want to be away from him right now.

Never before had he felt so... not himself. He barely slept since his discussion with Dizzy. Oh, his dear sweet sister. Her heart ached for another. The one he'd brought into their lives. Him. This is his own fault. But the fucker had been gone for over a year now, and still she yearns for him. Still, the bastard remains gone. Part of him wants to find him. For her, but really also for him too. The beast in his head rattles its chains, snarling in the darkness of its cage at the idea. Zor wants to break his face. That handsome face that had drawn them both in. Both of them. But it's his own fault she has pulled away now. For bringing them together. But that bastard is the reason she wants him so bad. And he's still gone.

His hands clench into fists and his breath comes slow, the creature in his mind becoming more restless by the day. He manages it, most of the time. Able to ignore the fangs and claws, the growls and roars. But each night that passes without sleep, the monster grows more restless. He needs to feed it. So long it's been. Depriving them both. But damn if he wasn't just a little bit eager and afraid all at once to find out what would happen should the thing break free. He's getting tired of subduing it. Tired of being the only one to hear it, feel it. But what would it make him do? What terror would it bring on those he loves? Would it know to leave them alone?

<i>"You should do it, Daddy."</i> A yawn and a smile from his sweet girl, Zoe. He sits up and looks at them, awake and stretching, and tilts his head. <b>"Do what, exactly, love?"</b> The dark-haired girl's eyes are bright when she whispers back, <i>"The challenge. Shh.."</i> Her finger lifts to her lips and they all listen more. Hearing the creepy giggling of the- whatever it is- that's talking.

<i>“Show me your very best disguise and search for the place victory lies. Bring me your best trick or bring me a treat! Tonight I’m the one that you must defeat.”</i>

<b>"Baby girl, what do I care about prizes? or treats?"</b> Or defeating some invisible weirdo. Although, he supposes it might be a good distraction. He rubs his eyes and presses them for a moment, against the building ache there from the thing in his head that won't rest. Won't let him rest. Her sweet voice, though, reminds him so much of her mother. His Dizzy. <i>"Do it, Daddy. I bet it'll be fun. We'll help! Won't we, Zynnie?"</i> Oh, lord, those eyes. Those faces. Such power they have over him. He smirks at them from behind squinted lids, shaking his head and sighing in defeat. <B>"Now, what do you have in mind? Can't be wanting to dress me up as something stupid."</b> Gods above, only they could even get him to think about it. He'd do anything for them. <i>"Psh, no, Dad. Something really cool."</i> Those wicked grins of theirs as they whisper to each other and then run to the other room together. The death of him, that's what they would be one day, he is sure. Stretching, he gets out of bed himself, joining them in the living room as they turn on the computer. <i>"Gonna need your credit card, Daddy."</i> Her smile, so deceptively innocent and sweet. Here we go.

_____

It took almost a whole week to gather everything and put it all together. They really went all out on him, and it was amazing the things they could find on the internet. He asked how they came up with this idea, and all they would say is that it suits him. He had never thought of it before, but when they explained a little, he was surprised at how it all indeed clicked into place. He didn't know how they saw it, how they knew. Maybe they didn't truly- how could they? But they knew him well enough, were a part of him. And he had to agree they were right. <I>"Just remember not to touch your face, okay?"</i> And he smiles at them, his beautiful girls, as he leaves the house. Prime time for the sun to be setting, casting shadows in all sorts of places.

On his feet, he moved easily in some kind of black combat boots, metal spikes pointing from the toes. Above that, comfortable black studded pants, and a matching colored silken shirt cover his tanned skin. Nonabrasive material so as not to destroy all their hard work they'd put in. Comfortable too, as light as it is, keeping him warm and cool at the same time. His face and neck are heavily caked in makeup, although he is impressed how natural it looks- like they'd done nothing at all. Except his eyes. Obviously contacts, they are a bright yellow-gold, and fiercely stand out from all the darkness. As he walks, the hooded black cloak they'd found for him sways, the texture of it like wearing shadows. Only every so often, it reveals his hair- dyed ebony- and his ears, which were rimmed with black pointed tips. Like a cat's. He feels so weird in this get up, but it is Halloween after all, and he is sure he won't be the strangest thing anyone will see tonight. His "disguise" really isn't very much of one as it is right now, except for what it all conceals.. but the Halloween spirit or whatever had said to bring trick or treat to him. And what he had up his sleeves? Well, it would see what he had there. Hands adorned with fingerless, black gloves reach up to pull his hood tighter over his head as he treks into the woods to begin his search.

Far, he walks. Through the trees and the fog that slowly thickens as the sun sets further. He only suspects more that this means he's getting closer. Giant redwoods tower above him, and the fog carries with it the scent of the ocean. Perfectly spooky, the Taiga, although nothing truly scares him. Aside for maybe what lurks within himself, currently pacing and brooding. Okay, and maybe also the thought of losing his girls. And Dizzy. A deep growl for only his ears, and he trudges onward. What little bit of light comes through the branches and needles overhead helps him pick his steps. He doesn't bother to scan around him. The thing would surely show its strange face soon enough. Hands in his pockets of his cloak, he toys with the bits of sweets the girls had sent him off with. Tongue rolls over the mechanism hiding in the roof of his mouth, and a grin spreads slow across his lips.

Do something. Bring it.
    </div></div></div>

Messages In This Thread
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Jassal - 09-22-2018, 12:04 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by North - 09-24-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Glassheart - 09-24-2018, 10:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Briseis - 09-28-2018, 02:23 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Ilma - 09-28-2018, 03:01 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Decimate - 09-28-2018, 03:08 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Faolin - 09-28-2018, 04:53 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Zoryn - 09-29-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Otrera - 09-29-2018, 11:03 PM