• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One
    <i>Double, double toil and trouble!</i>

The words echo within Nerine.

Otrera blinks a couple of times. Slowly her head rises, tiny ears flickering around as she heard the voice of someone. She isn’t sure why someone would be even speaking when it was clearly her bedtime. Her parents had sent her off to bed, and off she went without complaining into the same place she has always slept.

But she swears she heard something.

Her ears swirl around again, swiveling in that direction and then in the opposite direction. The classic champagne girl glances to each of the directions around her. There is obviously no one around here. “I know I heard something,” she mumbles quietly to herself. Her parents would have shaken their head at her, and told her she was only dreaming and needed to get back to bed.

She probably should get back to sleep, anyway. Not like there was anything from what she could see now. Probably was her imagination anyway.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a layer of thick fog rises around her. Instantly the thick fog covers her entire body from where she lays. “AHHH!” She jumps up instantly. Her tiny head rises above the thick fog. Glancing around through the thick fog with honey-hazel eyes she can barely see anything.

“What is going on here!?” She cries out.

A shiver runs down her spine instantly. The fog instantly turns to a rich orange and a strange, delicious smell fills her nostrils. There was something definitely going on here! She knew this was not normal.

The familiar voice speaks again. Otrera sequels with fright at hearing it again. The voice continues though, as if not hearing her own distress that clearly could have brought anyone to where she was. But no one came.

Otrera listens carefully at the words now, but she’s really confused why anyone would offer her a challenge. There was a lot of things she was afraid of, and this was definitely one of those moments! But she liked hearing that there was a prize.

“A disguise, a trick or treat, and defeat,” she nods her head.

Well, it seemed rather easy. She figures she might as well do whatever this challenge was for this stranger, despite the fact she was shaking on the very inside. Otrera was brave though. She didn’t need to fear whatever weird magic this was. Magic was magic, she knew. However, she only knew it to be good. It definitely had not been described as being bad by her parents! And what else did she know? She hasn’t even left Nerine yet!

“The disguise first,” she reminds herself. That’s the first thing she needs to get before deciding where to go to find this so-called Jack. She isn’t exactly sure what he is. But it didn’t really matter to her right now. It was time to get to business now.

The little filly decides to look in her surrounding areas. What sort of disguise should she wear? There was a lot of items around her that she could use if she was creative enough. There were leaves, branches, twigs, rocks, dirt, and what else you could muster to find within Nerine. The results were rather endless, but she already knew what she wanted to be—a lion!

It was not exactly like her father, but she knew about the different types of cats her father had met. She had always liked the idea of a lion. It was her favorite animal she pretended to be when playing with her older sisters and her parents. Pretend was all she could do really. She was not even born with cool abilities like her other siblings! She was just her plain old self, which made her sad sometimes but she tried not to focus on it as much.

Otrera gathers the necessary items around her. She makes a small pile of leaves of different colors. She grabs a couple of twigs here and there. Once she has the items she begins to put it together. It was rather much easier than she imagined, but someone she made a lion’s mane and got it around her face and behind her ears. She lets out a loud roar to test out the new disguise she is in. Her roar is followed by a soft, child-like laughter. She found the whole thing rather amusing.

“Now to find this Jack.” Where was she supposed to find him? She has never been out of Nerine. There was a possibility he was out there somewhere, but it was a rather large world from what she has been told. <i>He has to be somewhere scary</i>, she thinks to herself. Where else would some creepy-looking thing be?

Suddenly she lunges up in the air when a thought comes into her mind. “I know exactly where he could be!” She exclaims with excitement. “The cave! He has to be there!” Otrera then makes her way towards the only cave she knows to be in Nerine. It was the perfect place. Even she was scared to go in there!

The filly makes her way through the forest of Nerine. It’s getting darker as she prowls forward (she should at least look the part if she is going as a lion). She isn’t exactly sure what she will use to trick or treat Jack outside of the cave. It certainly will come to her she guesses once she sees whatever this Jack wants from her.

When she catches sight of the cave, she slows down. For a few minutes the filly lingers within a nearby bush, looking over the cave to see if there is any sign of Jack. It is rather ominous since the time she reached the cave it was completely dark. It is only the glow of the moon and stars that light up the entrance of the cave.

“Alright Jack,” she says loudly bursting through the bush she was hiding in. She stomps her hooves onto the earth floor as she makes her way to the cave entrance. “I know you are in there! Come out! Come out!” Her voice is thick with amusement, but she tries her best to muster a serious, ferocious tone. “Come on Jack! Let’s get this over and done with. I have to be back soon before my parents see that I’m gone!” She lets out a deep roar that a cub would make to indicate her meaning.

Messages In This Thread
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Jassal - 09-22-2018, 12:04 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by North - 09-24-2018, 10:44 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Glassheart - 09-24-2018, 10:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Briseis - 09-28-2018, 02:23 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Ilma - 09-28-2018, 03:01 AM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Decimate - 09-28-2018, 03:08 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Faolin - 09-28-2018, 04:53 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Zoryn - 09-29-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by Otrera - 09-29-2018, 11:03 PM
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part One - by insane - 09-30-2018, 12:58 AM