• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I tried to sell my soul last night; Tahti

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

If he were being entirely honest, he might admit that he kinda liked the little black filly, just a bit. Which is a fucking miracle because he never likes kids. But let’s be real, he’s never honest. Hell, if you get a single real damned thing out of him, you’re doing fucking swell. And he sure as shit wouldn’t actually tell anybody he liked them. That invites feelings. And ugh, gross. Feelings are just… gross.

Besides, kid didn’t need to get her hopes up.

Instead he smirks at the little twerp as he flicks mud from the pale feathers of his extended wing. Her indignantly rhetorical question startles a bark of laughter from him as he adjusts his wings, settling them at his sides once more. “As if my mother fucking cared,” he scoffs. “She tossed me off her teet the minute I could chew a stalk of grass.”

Something he’s pretty damn well sure this kid knew nothing about. She didn’t have the lost waif look about her. She might talk a tough game, but there’s an entirely different look to a kid who was forced to be tough by the cruelty of the world. Again, not that he’d fucking admit it. Wasn’t her damned business anyway.

She steps forward then, puffing herself up like she could take him and the whole damned world on all at once. He snorts derisively in response to her indignant demand. With a sharp jerk of his head, he pops her with his muzzle before snapping his tail and turning around with surprising grace (seems you can take the man out of the fucking war but can’t take the warrior out of the man). He carelessly ambles towards a small pond located conveniently nearby (this meadows is just fucking littered with convenient ponds though, isn’t it?), tossing dismissive words back at her as he does so. “You found your way here kid, you can damned well find your way home.”

Glancing briefly over his shoulder, he offers her a smirk before diving into the water, doing his best to splash her with as much of it as he can on his way down. The very least he could do after spattering her with a shit ton of mud. Hell, maybe if the little brat was able to swallow her pride long enough, he’d even let her swim with him.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I tried to sell my soul last night; Tahti - by Ashhal - 10-15-2018, 02:28 PM