• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I tried to sell my soul last night; Tahti

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He does his damned best to ignore her as he rips angrily at the grass. Even while she fucking laughs at him. Hell, if he were any less fucking secure in himself, he’d kick her in the goddamned teeth. But he isn’t. So she could make a fool out of herself all she fucking wished. He sure as hell wouldn’t stop her.

Honestly, at this point, he’s wondering if there’s really any point to hanging around anymore. Clearly she was having waaaaayyy too much fun. At his fucking expense. He’s not that desperate. She’d been the one following him around anyway. What the fuck was he actually staying for?

Jerking his head up, he scowls into the distance, deliberately continuing to ignore her. For fuck’s sake. There had to be a good spot around here where he could get some goddamned peace and quiet. Somewhere annoyingly persistent little fillies couldn’t find him. Which brings him to a decision, and he’s damned near ready to take off for the hills when her words catch him by surprise.

He stills, features darkening dangerously as the import of what she’d said registers. Hell and damnation. “Fucking try it and I’ll kick your ass into next week,” he growls, eyes glittering as his gaze snaps to her, still in the pond.

He’s not a total idiot. He’d never met anyone with his particular curse. Shit. Shit shit shit. He didn’t need a fucking kid hanging around. Even if she was his. And really it’s no use trying to remember who the fuck her mom might be. Hell, he’s not a damned monk. He’d slept with so many women it’d be useless trying to wrack his brain to figure out just where the hell she’d sprung from. Besides, at some point, names and faces really just start to blur together.

What the fuck could she possibly want with a useless, deadbeat dad anyway? He’s got two skills, and only one she could appreciate (he’s not a total goddamned reprobate). And right now she’d by squashed like a fucking bug in a fight anyway, even if she had inherited his penchant for violence. Besides, he doesn’t teach war, he only makes it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I tried to sell my soul last night; Tahti - by Ashhal - 10-31-2018, 11:46 AM