• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there’s no sword in our lake; just a funeral wake; dovev
    Vulgaris
    He’s ready when Dovev prepares his assault, ready to curl his neck just right to find a mouthful of muscle and skin between his teeth. Vulgaris doesn’t care if the headbutt rams into his chest or shoulder because pain is a sanctuary to him. Give him punishment, give him all the beatings he deserves. He’ll come back hungrier each time. But the ground tears itself open between them and he’s reminded why he hates any kind of magic in this god damned world. All the mages and their efforts to deny him an honest display of brutality send him into such a frenzy.

He doesn’t slow down though. He never learned how to be afraid and so he makes the leap to Dovev’s side using what momentum he’d had from his charge. There is a moment when his hooves sink into the mud and he hurries to move forward, closer to Leliana in the moment of confusion. The skeletal thing says nothing and the strange girl is dripping wet while she berates him. The serpent turns his head to listen but loses interest when he realizes her rage is directed only at the other. A sigh eases from him as he realizes their opportunity has come and gone. There will be no bloodshed today and he must face the reality of the situation.

Vulgaris moves closer to the unconscious Leliana and touches his lips delicately to her forehead. She’s still warm, which gives him hope, but her breathing is so weak that it unsettles him. His kisses are desperate and clumsy as he traces them all over her face. There’s never been a need for him to try and put someone back together before. He’s wholly unequipped for moments like this.

Leli, wake up. I can’t raise Adna by myself,” he mumbles against the mess of her forelock. “I can’t go home without you.

Already he’s forgotten Dovev and Heartfire, too preoccupied with scraping every idea from his brain and finding each one as useless as the last. It was never supposed to be like this, he thinks. They’re supposed to be together forever.

You’re going to be my queen and I’m going to give you the world.

The promises come spilling from his lips so easily. All the words he’s thought and thrown away because they sounded so stupid in his head. Nothing he could dream up was ever good enough to say to her.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[leliana] @[Dovev] @[Heartfire]
    i had to post before leli so we could have a cheesy sleeping beauty moment. sry guys.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there’s no sword in our lake; just a funeral wake; dovev - by vulgaris - 09-28-2018, 11:41 AM