• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that moon has a name in the fires of a silver corpse; any
    The open sky is framed on all sides by rough limestone, and I look out at the familiar view with a faint smile. I am thinking of another spring, not the one I currently lounge in, propped up on one side by a worn smooth bit of boulder.

Those thoughts vanish in an instant, and I struggle to my feet. It is difficult to catch my balance with my eyes still smarting and the uneven surface of the hot spring, but by the time I step into the light outside my overhang I am fully recovered.

It had come from somewhere over there, I know, and I am aloft in the time it takes me to leap from the hill and into the sky. There is someone below, a maroon (maybe purple? it is hard for me to tell from this angle) stallion that I do not recognize. I come to the earth a few dozen yards away from him, gliding to a halt without haste.

"Who do I have to thank for that little light show?" I ask, my blue grey eyes flicking briefly - but intently - across the roan horse. He is visually unremarkable but for his color, and his green eyes remind me of the haworthia that are blossoming beside my spring. I meet his gaze with a friendly smile after, breathing in scents that are entirely unfamiliar but for the Field. 

@[Woolf]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that moon has a name in the fires of a silver corpse; any - by Lepis - 09-23-2018, 03:58 PM