• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that moon has a name in the fires of a silver corpse; any
    More than the other residents of the two kingdoms, I take advantage of our open borders, spending far more time amid the northern hills than the red forest. My world has been less predictable of late, flickering between familiar and foreign as frequently as I move from Loess to Sylva. This plum-colored creature should be a fearful thing with the way he picks through my mind and sprouts flowers at our feet, but rather than cower away I face him squarely, my blue eyes narrowing slightly as I watch him speak.

There is no time to answer. A ripple in the air causes me to glance back and up, and soon find that the disturbance is none other than the pale-haired Wolfbane. Two wolves then, I think to myself with a soft smile, unable to miss the irony.

The striped stallion answers Woolf far better than I would have. I am often quick and short with my words, something that I find efficient but others might see as brusque. His arrival is also unexpectedly comforting, and I find that the confidence I project internally needs less force behind it as the king settles in beside me.

I look up at him with a bemused smile, entirely unaware of the fondess that emanates in the half-smile I give him before looking back at Woolf. Bane has given him much to think about, I am sure, but his arrival had been quick and without introduction.

"This is Wolfbane," I say, "King of Loess. Though perhaps you knew that as well, the way you knew me?" The smile is softer now, and the tone in my voice is gentle. I glance back at Wolfbane for a moment, meeting his olive green gaze to draw attention to the other skills this stranger has. "Bane, this is Woolf."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that moon has a name in the fires of a silver corpse; any - by Lepis - 10-01-2018, 06:41 AM