• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

that moon has a name in the fires of a silver corpse; any
    I feel the weak give of the flora at my feet and burn of the irritation as it climbs into my mouth. If he can do more than that, then he should have no trouble returning the life that he stole from the greenery at our feet. Some of the greenery might have been his own creation, but part of it was Loess and he has killed it off without thought. There's no indication of my dislike of his showmanship, and I pull it back within me before it can reach my companions, just in time for the vision to begin.

The destruction Woolf shows us echoes the death of the plants, though on a scale I have never imagined. For a moment it is tempting to imagine the red forest burning. When the vision ends my gaze meets with Wolfbane's, and the embarrassment at the thought causes me to look away.

Back at Woolf, who tells us his vision is easy enough to achieve. Easy enough with him, I do not say aloud; even with Sylva there is no chance of Loess achieving such ends without the power that the mulberry stallion wields. He'd always be the one with the most power. Unaware of what passes between the two men, I shake my head as if to clear away the flames of the vision, and then speak.

"And what would you consider equitable exchange for much more than that?" I ask.  "Loess works on contracts, with fair rewards for services rendered." We've never had services available quite like these though, and I glance once more at Wolfbane (only to find that he looks away as I do this, and though it is entirely coincidental it still feels like a blow) to see what he might think.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: that moon has a name in the fires of a silver corpse; any - by Lepis - 10-05-2018, 06:42 AM