• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So the winds called me home (any)
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

I am Brine. The shy mare's words befall my ears - though they weren't meant to - just as I join her and the other, whose energy outshines both of ours in its exuberance and dedication. When Brine offers me a hello, I dip my head in response, antlers gleaming as the light hits it differently with the shift of angles. As I raise my head, I allow my gaze to go to Nalia as well, giving her an encouraging smile. Even if our guest is cool and curt, it doesn't mean that her effort should go unnoticed.

As such, I listen calmly as she presents her kingdom to be Nerine, though she asks about Brine's intentions first, a question which I am also interested in. My mind wanders a little as the other speaks, going to my recent visit to Nerine where I'd met the once-queen Sabra, someone I expect I shall remain fast friends with from here on out. When it seems like the pretty grulla has finished with what she has to say, I quirk my lips in a brief flash of a smile before focusing my attention on the roan.

"There's lots of other kingdoms in Beqanna too, and we all function on a caste system, wherein members can gain titles for working in diplomacy or war. But in Hyaline no one is expected to partake unless they'd like to; we have a relative flock of refugees, either from other kingdoms or just those who prefer to find solace in the mountainlands."

My eyes go to Nalia. "We don't have a moral code quite as strongly instated as Nerine's, or at least, they are of completely different natures - and all of the kingdoms have their own of course." And back to Brine, with a smile, hoping I've not spoken so much to have lost her interest. "But ultimately, it's up to you to decide where you might like home to be."

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-25-2018, 08:14 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-26-2018, 08:51 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 09-29-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Nalia - 09-30-2018, 11:04 AM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Kagerus - 09-30-2018, 05:23 PM
    RE: So the winds called me home (any) - by Brine - 10-26-2018, 05:59 PM