• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Knows everybody's disapproval. Chryseis, Rhaegor
    Absenthium

He was free today, as in not babysitting. Which he didn't mind, though. Vanish was basically the cutest baby sis anyway. And she adored him for who-knows-what-reason. Which was also nice. Especially since he's usually pretty grumpy, even when he tries to be extra sweet to her.

Kinda fails at sweet.
    Oh well.

Freedom apparently meant bored. There was only so much exploring he was willing to do in a day, and he didn't want to get too far away from Mom and Vanish in case Dad showed up. Or well, Dad never really shows up-- You know? It's not important. He was just staying nearby. Ish. And honestly, he kept half-expecting Vanna to just pop out of the shadows of the trees and surprise him. But so far, she hadn't.

His dark hooves sank a little into the mud with a squishy sound that gave him creepy tingles. Ugh, weird. So he continued a little further out, until he was in super shallow waters and could feel it all whisper soft and tickly over his black ankles.

Sunlight through the canopies sort of danced over his big white wings, and that was kinda fun to watch. Like a bunch of light bugs that can't be felt or touched. Hm. How fitting, he supposed. Since his wings also can't be felt or touched. But it was certainly not a thing he liked to advertise, and was easy enough to hide since they looked perfectly normal. It wasn't like he let anyone but Mom and Vanish anywhere near him anyway.

But anyway.

He really wasn't doing much. Only took his eyes off of the sunlight dapples and began trudging further up the river, making sure not to get too far in. Can't fly, can't swim. Maybe it would be a work in progress. If he felt like it.

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

As the last few days of spring threaten to turn to summer, Rhae decides to go for a little walk down Hyaline's southern river, following it as it veers east towards the commonland where many nomads gather. The last of winter's snow melts on his shoulders and between the feathers of his wings, having been put there by an earlier roll in Hyaline's snow reserves; by the time the prince reaches the River, his back shines with dew, the droplets lazily rolling down the taught muscles of his coltish barrel.

The scent of many others - strangers, mostly, though I can pick out other Hyalinians here and there - affronts my nostrils as I stoop next to the burbling stream, ears perked for the sound of an approacher as I drink my fill. My throat latch swirls with each gulp, the glacier run off cooling the lining of my stomach and sending a strange tingle from my poll to my tailbone. When I lift my head, droplets cling and pool at the base of my ashy brown chin, completing my freshly-dewed look.

It's as he's concentrating on the feeling of the water running off of him that he notices the approach of another, nearly mirroring his exact image. For a moment Rhae wonder's if he's seeing a vision of himself in the future - but no, those wings are the wrong colour, and their builds aren't quite the same, and he lacks the white splash along his stomach and legs. But this does not dissuade the silent boy; indeed, he blinks once and then not again as he appreciates the friesian's composure, always an observer of the beautiful as it approaches him.

From his every pore, a short burst of light is emitted; and for a flash, he has a halo of blue light. He's not trying to intimidate the older colt - indeed, if anything, he's trying to catch the handsome one's attention.

Rhaegor

@[absenthium] hi sorry I have no impulse control and Rhae DEMANDED he meet Sen so. Here we are.
    [Image: rhae]
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

From the day she was born, her legs itched with wanderlust. She was a beautiful mixture of her parents. She has the insatiable urge to move, like her mother, but the social desire of her father to not just see the sights, but to befriend every soul along the way. Beqanna was an open book for her, and it did not end in Hyaline. Her goal was to know every secret that the land held, and once she accomplished that she would move elsewhere. She knows that the Outlands existed; her mother had told her stories, of what memories she had anyway. Briseis had meant them as a warning, but of course, Chryseis took it as a challenge.

The river was not the most exciting place, if only because she’s been here so many times. It was fairly close to home, however, and it was a good place to start in her search for a kelpie. She was quite certain none lived in Hyalines lake, and she specifically remembers her father mentioning sharks in the river the day he had taught her to swim. She still isn’t sure how, exactly, she’s going to attract a kelpie, but she supposes  the idea will come to her soon. For now, she was trotting easily across the grassy hills, enjoying the milder terrain compared to her mountain home. The sun was warm, the rays cascading across her silver-black back, her raven mane bouncing with each vibrant step. Her warm brown eyes scan around her, and that’s when she sees the colt wading at the edge of the river.

Without a moments hesitation she bounds forward, a bright smile already beaming across her face. Her legs were still a little too long for her yearling body but slowly she was growing into them, her movements having lost most of its baby clumsiness. ”Hi!” Of course she does not stop to gauge whether the colt seemed friendly or not. No, she steps right into the water next to him, tilting her gold-blazed head  towards him as she asks quite seriously, ”Have you seen any kelpies? I need to find one.” Her tone was so matter of fact that you would be hard pressed to doubt that a yearling filly was indeed in need of a kelpie.

From the corner of her eye there is a flash of light, and immediately she sees a familiar face. As always, she ignores that strange fluttery feeling she gets when she sees him, but mainly she is distracted by the light he seemed to just emit from nowhere. ”Rhaegor!” She is careful to not seem too excited at his presence, but still she exits the river’s edge, abandoning the other colt for a moment as she moves to greet him. She bumps her dainty muzzle against his shoulder, before she asks excitedly, ”Want to help me find a kelpie? I was just asking, um...oh no, I always do this.” A frustrated sigh is blasted between her lips, turning back to the buckskin colt. ”What was your name? I’m Chryseis and this —“ she pauses to gesture towards the colt next to her, ”is Rhaegor. We’re from Hyaline.” And then finally, she stops talking.

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

@[Absenthium]
    @[Rhaegor]
    Absenthium

I've waited too long with my feet on the ground
    I'll get so high, no one can get my wings

The river was pretty nice. Shaded. Secluded, kind of. It was nice and quiet.

For like, all of two minutes.

Some chick bounded up to him - a tiny one, younger than he and probably right there in age with his baby sis - and he frowned down at her. Then of course he was glancing around for her parents or older sibling or something. No? Nobody. Awesome. So he supposed he was babysitting after all, just a complete stranger’s kid instead of his sis.

Yeah. That’s not awkward.

“A kelpie?” he reflected back in mild annoyance, his ears flicking back and chin lifting. “They don’t exist, kid. Where’s your--”

WHAT THE FLIP WAS THAT

He startled, his wings lifting instinctively like he might take flight, though really he’d never tried and he sure as hell wasn’t about to in front of a couple little kids. It made him look a little bigger, though, and maybe that was helpful. Or… Less helpful once he realized it was another little kid. What the hell. Was he wearing a sign or something?? Hey, I’m over here, lemme watch your random ass kids. Come on down.

He scowls down at both of them, recovered now from the flashy light stuff that other kid did, and wings replaced against his sides again. So embarrassing. What kind of a crazy ass magic was that anyway, so fuckin stupid. Yeah, and you know what, he wasn't about answer her either. Don't get any crazy ideas, kid, that she's gonna make a friend here or anything.

"Where's your parents." he demands evenly, steely gray eyes going from one little kid to the other.

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

Just as the flash of light dims and fades, the sound of a secondary voice catches Rhaegor's attention. He's not quite sure how he managed to not notice his gold-blazed sweetheart, given that she tends to have enough mouth to make up for the one he lacks, but he had; and now the other colt had spooked as if Rhae had actually pointed a lazer at him. Sheesh! As if a small burst of light ever hurt any body! The scowl and ruffled feathers which follow as the older colt steadies himself immediately brushes Rhae the wrong way, and before he can even think about it, his own wings are puffing up.

But then Chry is at his side and exclaiming his name, causing the colt to shift his attention; he wants to be irritated with her enthusiasm in light of this jerk's reaction (teenagers are always so pretty to look at and so stupid to talk to, he's finding) but instead, he finds himself being drawn in by her. When her nose finds his shoulder, he huffs warmly and as loudly as he can in greeting, a big smile covering the length of his lips. She asks about finding a kelpie, and he finds himself nodding eagerly in response. The buckskin takes a step towards the river when, to his great despair, his sweetheart asks the name of their annoying teenage representative.

Where's your parents, says the teenager.
    It's where ARE your parents, idiot,
    thinks Rhae. It's a good thing that he can't talk, wouldn't you agree?

Pinning his ears, the boy gives in to his impulses. At a one and a half years of age, he stands at a measly fourteen hands - but this fact is no deterrent as he steps forward between Sen and Chry, arches his wings as intimidatingly as he can, and snarls. It's a silent snarl, more teeth and leering eyes than anything, but it's hard not to admit that he's giving it his all - even if he looks like an absolute fool as he does so.

If you think us childish then go back to your broody silence, he wants to say. I'm sure your crankiness will do a good job keeping you company.

Rhaegor

@[Chryseis]
    [Image: rhae]
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

She is not so easily deterred by the older colt’s cooler nature, and she is ignorant so far to the fact that Rhaegor is not as impressed by their new companion. Her smile doesn’t faulter,  and all she really notices is his incorrect statement about kelpies. With a shake of her delicate head, she laughs, and if she notices that he seemed annoyed she doesn’t show it. ”Of course there are! My dad was bit by one.” She nods her head matter of factly, for even though she has never seen such a creature, there is no way her father would lie to her. Now, she was even more determined to find one, because she needed to prove this colt wrong. She gestures to the river that flows alongside side of them, as she goes on to add, ”Beqanna is perfect for kelpies. There’s water everywhere, and all the water sources are connected. They could travel anywhere.” she had clearly thought about this a lot.

It’s only when Rhaegor suddenly lifts his wings that she is distracted by her kelpie fact speech, and she turns to look at him with a mixture of surprise and mild amusement — and maybe a little bit of admiration, because he was cute when he was trying to be intimidating. But the gold-blazed filly could already see that the older colt was just irritated by them, and most likely relatively harmless. She reaches forward to gently touch her nose to his shoulder, before sidling alongside of him. ”Hey, he’s not that bad.” She gestures to the buckskin colt over the top of Rhae’s neck, before adding with a hopefule smile,”Maybe he’s just shy and it comes across as annoyed.” Chryseis had still never met a truly cruel individual, and she naively still believed there was a light in everyone, no matter how hard they tried to smother it with darkness. 

She slips back around the other side of Rhaegor, to better see the colt, her dark brown eyes still settled on his own  as she addresses him lightly, ”We don’t need our parents, silly. We’re like, over a year old. But if I had to guess, our moms are in Hyaline and my dad is in Nerine.” This is followed by another girlish giggle, because she knows he wasn’t specifically asking for their parents exact location. ”You still haven’t told us your name, and if you don’t, I’m going to make one up for you and you probably won’t like it.” She tilts her head pointedly, before reaching over to playfully tug Rhaegor’s mane, offering him a hesitant smile, hoping that he wasn’t mad at her for continuing a conversation with someone he clearly he wasn’t fond of — and as the thought crosses her mind, she catches herself, wondering why she would even care what he thought at all?

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going,
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

@[Absenthium]