• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Knows everybody's disapproval. Chryseis, Rhaegor
    Absenthium

I've waited too long with my feet on the ground
    I'll get so high, no one can get my wings

The river was pretty nice. Shaded. Secluded, kind of. It was nice and quiet.

For like, all of two minutes.

Some chick bounded up to him - a tiny one, younger than he and probably right there in age with his baby sis - and he frowned down at her. Then of course he was glancing around for her parents or older sibling or something. No? Nobody. Awesome. So he supposed he was babysitting after all, just a complete stranger’s kid instead of his sis.

Yeah. That’s not awkward.

“A kelpie?” he reflected back in mild annoyance, his ears flicking back and chin lifting. “They don’t exist, kid. Where’s your--”

WHAT THE FLIP WAS THAT

He startled, his wings lifting instinctively like he might take flight, though really he’d never tried and he sure as hell wasn’t about to in front of a couple little kids. It made him look a little bigger, though, and maybe that was helpful. Or… Less helpful once he realized it was another little kid. What the hell. Was he wearing a sign or something?? Hey, I’m over here, lemme watch your random ass kids. Come on down.

He scowls down at both of them, recovered now from the flashy light stuff that other kid did, and wings replaced against his sides again. So embarrassing. What kind of a crazy ass magic was that anyway, so fuckin stupid. Yeah, and you know what, he wasn't about answer her either. Don't get any crazy ideas, kid, that she's gonna make a friend here or anything.

"Where's your parents." he demands evenly, steely gray eyes going from one little kid to the other.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Knows everybody's disapproval. Chryseis, Kybeth, or Any - by Absenthium - 10-08-2018, 07:15 PM