• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

curiouser and curiouser (OPEN)
    Litotes is built on indecision. It wavers in his muscles like a sapling bends in a thunderstorm. He stands on the border of this strange land, slowly coming to the realization that he had been so lost in thought, he is not certain if he is standing in another herd’s territory. Anxiety speeds his heart rate. He prances in place, neck arching and eyes flickering from the left to the right. He is trapped, spinning in the thought, What have I gotten myself into?

Hooves. Stricken, the man stops, stands perfectly still with curved ears pricked to attention. Her scent hits him - she smelled like the land, like perhaps she set the border herself. She belonged in the mountains. Was she coming to confront him? Before he could even consider leaving, he sees her storming down the mountain.

Too late.

With a huff to himself, Lie watches resigned as she approaches. He notes the antlers atop her head, the pretty splash on her back, her gangly body. Another odd stranger, this one he had no choice but to face. She was young - not much younger than him (he just barely leaving youth, a fresh adult, only recently turning three). He likes that about her, the youthful confidence she exudes. Litotes relaxes.

“I’m Will,” she chirps. Lie blinks in response. She did not seem to want to question him.

“What are you waiting for?”

Taken aback, the pale man can only stare for a moment. He did not know - perhaps an invitation? She seemed to be offering him one. Curiosity and caution flooded his brain, though he would not show her his aching interest.

“I’m Litotes, but you can call me Lie,” he replies slowly, taking a single step toward her. He takes a few more steps forward, shy, but deep down hoping desperately that he would be accepted in.

“I’m not waiting for anything, really. I just thought . . . um, I thought,” he stops. He has no idea what to say. Now rushed, awkward, he softly exclaims, “I don’t know anyone here and I don’t want to intrude.”

He was embarrassed. He felt his face redden. He did not want anyone to know how lonely he was.

litotes
    want u to be happier

@Warlight

Messages In This Thread
    curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 09-27-2018, 02:23 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 09-27-2018, 03:44 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 09-27-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 09-30-2018, 04:57 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 10-05-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 10-08-2018, 08:45 PM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by litotes - 10-11-2018, 12:49 AM
    RE: curiouser and curiouser (OPEN) - by Warlight - 10-13-2018, 08:47 AM