• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris
    Vulgaris
    Only for problems to solve themselves. He laughs softly at the answer and the breath causes the river to tremble briefly before returning to its usual flow. Vulgaris understands that all too well but he’s not one to ever admit it. Instead he lets the moment pass as she declines to fully answer his question. Perhaps another time, when they’re better friends and she feels safe confiding her frustrations in him. That’s usually his ultimate goal, after all, to be trusted despite the reputation a serpent normally has.

He’s already forgotten the trouble Lepis has stirred up, drowned it out with the mess he made with himself and Kagerus instead. Maybe the queen never admitted to being the one to give him these scars? How mysterious he must seem, then, to everyone but Leli. Of course he’d told her when he came home dripping blood and tired from his fight. She was the safe place he could turn to and lay all his secrets to rest.

Which brings him to her question. The smile spreads wider across his face and he lifts his chin a bit when his pride swells through him.

Leliana and I have had our first child,” he explains. Already he can only think of Adna as the first, as though she isn’t their only baby to date. To have more seems so inevitable to him that he has no desire to say she is their ‘only child’. “Her name is Adna. She’s got her mother’s laugh.

He could go on and on, really, but he tries to constrain himself to only the most important facts. Vulgaris thinks to ask her if she has any children of his own but he decides against it. His other offspring are a bit of a sore spot for him and so he says nothing of them, for now. It may be the same for her and he would hate to ruin the foundation of their friendship so soon.

I think you would like Leli. She’s the opposite of me, basically.

Vulgaris laughs at his own joke despite the truth of it. Leliana is kind and soft, everything that he could never be in this life. But that’s why he loves her so much.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris - by vulgaris - 09-28-2018, 12:01 PM