• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris
    Vulgaris
    Although Ilma doesn’t consider the serpent to be a friend, he views her as someone to be trusted and protected. If he knew of her troubles, he would most likely try to make her enemies pay their debt in blood, much as he does for Leliana or Wolfbane. But she is a creature of peace and tranquility even in her troubled times, he thinks, so he doesn’t expect such a request of him.

He notices the smile on her face when he speaks and he wonders if he’s rambling. Vulgaris hardly ever opens up about the vulnerable pieces of him and so the limit is a mystery to him. But she’s as kind as always, waiting patiently until he’s done before she speaks again. A smile dawns across his face as he nods in response to her invitation to visit. It might be strange for him to enter Hyaline on friendly terms, but he supposes it could be dismissed when his intentions are purely social.

But then she offers her opinion of him and his smile fades. She doesn’t know the things he’s done or the lies he’s told to get what he wants out of this world. Ilma is a dove amongst ravens, perfectly white and infinitely greater than the rest of them. But he doesn’t confess his sins or reveal the singularity of the darkness within him. Instead, he brushes her compliment away with a shrug of his great shoulders.

Maybe I just don’t see what you see,” he says with a half-hearted laugh. His self loathing threatens to engulf him and so he changes the subject instead.

But I really would like to come visit your home some time. I need to get out more.

And then he’s smiling again. Vulgaris knows he spends too much of his time within his own home, remaining in the comfort in Leliana and Wolfbane’s company. There is no room for growth while he continues to reinforce the bonds he’s already established.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[Ilma] he has no idea how to take a compliment lmao.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris - by vulgaris - 10-05-2018, 11:26 AM