• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Politics should never get in the way of friendships, and neither should teeth. Yet they seem to have had that rough start because of both, and she has let it. But new opportunities arise, and when he smiles in regard to her invitation to visit, she assumes he will, in his own time,

The winged mare doesn’t really mind his joke on himself being secretly serious, though. It’s what she always liked so much about Hyaline, too. To not judge the past. To see what one can become, if set on the right path. To help those who wander - figuratively as well as literally - to find a home, or find a way.

Vulgaris had done that without her help, and yet, he still seems to lose himself sometimes, like now. She shakes her head. ”I’m sure your family would agree with me instead of you, this time.” she grins, ”You could bring them over with you for a visit if you want. Or, I suppose when things have settled I should talk to your leader sometime, and I can meet you there,” she says,

Honestly, she had contemplated friendly-stealing him, right after Lepis had run away with Valdis. But she’d reconsidered because it might have been seen as another violent act on Hyaline’s side, something she could not use at the time. But perhaps an un-forced social visit would be better anyway.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[vulgaris] xD
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris - by Ilma - 10-06-2018, 02:47 AM