• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris
    Vulgaris
    Vulgaris has never taken goals such as Hyaline’s seriously. He believes his darkness is one with who he is and always will be, even while he basks in the light of Leliana’s love. The brighter the light the darker the shadows, after all. But for now he is more focused on Ilma and her subtle kindness as she reaffirms her beliefs about who he is at his core. And maybe she’s right, maybe there is something truly good at the center of his being. It would explain his rage whenever punishment is not dealt to those even worse than him.

I’d like to bring Adna to Hyaline. A girl like her has potential to do great things so it’s important for her to learn politics young,” he says as he stares off at nothing, imagining what sort of person his daughter might grow to be. Larva had retired from that sort of life by the time his younger children were born and so Vulgaris was never properly socialized. To see him beside his eldest sister, Darling, it’s hard to imagine they share the same parents. She is eloquence and grace given physical shape, she thinks.

I have to be home in time to tell her goodnight, though, so I have to head home now.” The words are casual in his voice and it almost seems strange to hear him speak them. But this is his life now; the hunter has become the head of a small family and he takes the responsibilities as seriously as those given to him by Wolfbane. He offers Ilma another sincere smile before he bids her farewell and heads for Loess.

Now he just has to convince Leliana to let him take Adna to Hyaline for a day or so.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[Ilma] it might turn into a family trip if leli won't let him go without her too lol

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The firestarters always get the burns; Vulgaris - by vulgaris - 10-08-2018, 11:30 AM