• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just don't care what the world says; Heartfire

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    In all honesty, names are all he really remembers from his family; he doesn't keep track of the magic. Sure, there's some dragon-vision-things going on; like his twisted genes had turned into when bitten by a Kelpie (or had he already been altered simply by going up the mountain? He'll never know, but he'll never go back there without a better reason than that); or Drustan's dragon-like horns, or the twilight things.

That's about it, though. These things can change, he's one example of that himself. So beyond her name, he has no idea of what she can or cannot do, but he doesn't really mind. She is surely family though. No denying that, even if he wanted to. Roan, and with a fiery heart, there's no doubt about it.

Which makes him think on the two outliers - Shah and Vi. Briefly, he wonders where the hell they went off to last, but, then his niece has a few words in reply to his earlier gesture (which of course he just had to end with some kind of joke-like remark), saying she doesn't think she can talk to anyone about it.

"Oh, but you should." Serious, now, all of a sudden. "I experienced first-hand what happens if you don't." Not that he thinks she'll magically accept his warning, but, he could try at least. "I'm not saying talk to me - that's not going to work I think. But someone. Your... what's his name?" He frowns, thinking, then concluding that indeed, the man had not given his name, nor had his niece answered that question. Maybe she still would. Maybe she really was so irritated that even this could not be answered and she'd walk away.

Not unlike he always did, truth be told. So it was entirely forgivable if she did.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Heartfire]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Despite her numerous failings, Heartfire has always kept track of her family. Though it had grown large and varied, she could recount from memory each of their faces and names. Had Leilan asked, she could tell him exactly what he wished to know of her father and Vi. She could even tell him where her mother and father had hidden themselves away, though she likely wouldn’t. She might be privy to many secrets, but that does not mean she spills them so easily.

Even to an uncle.

But, in the end, that is neither here nor there. Perhaps one day, they might share more. For all her knowledge, she is not prescient. But for today, she is tired and wishes rest more than anything. Certainly far more than an inquisition. She eyes Leilan as he urges her to discuss her feelings with someone. Anyone.

She nearly laughs when he suggests Dovev. The thought of making herself so vulnerable before him is unsettling (and terrifying, though she would never admit to such a thing, even to herself). But that is hardly something she could share with Leilan, given how much unpacking even that would require. Instead she merely shakes her head.

She doesn’t answer the question either. Dovev has always had an aversion to sharing his name, and though Heartfire finds it a little silly, neither is she one to break trust over such a small thing. Instead she peers along the beach the direction in which Dovev had gone, brow faintly furrowing before flicking her gaze to rest briefly on Leilan once more.

“Perhaps we can discuss this in more depth at some point, but today is not the day.” It’s a non-committal response and a vague promise of a future meeting, the best she can do given her current mood. She stares at him for a long moment, before dipping her head in a faint farewell, a concession of sorts. They would meet again, and soon, she has no doubt. But for today, she takes her leave.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free