• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just don't care what the world says; Heartfire

For a brief moment, Heartfire can see the gears turning in her uncle’s mind, attempting to place her. It’s true they haven’t met, but power of deduction is enough to place her in their sordid family tree. After all, that distinctive blue roan sabino seems to have quite well taken to only she and her siblings.

It seems though, that true to nature, he cannot resist poking the bear. If there is anything she had learned of Leilan in all her spying, it was that he has a penchant for drawing trouble along with him wherever he goes. And Dovev, for all his weariness, still reacts to his overly familiar greeting and taunting words.

And for all Heartfire had been willing to put up with his possessive behavior, she is still not willing to be shoved out of the way like a child. Scowling, she pins her ears and nips sharply at his neck, reminding him she is not a toy he can clutch his chest and proclaim ‘mine’ when others threaten interest. Nor would she ever pretend submission just to sooth his bruised ego.

I’m going home. She blinks then, surprise registering as her scowl slips. She had not heard him refer to home before, and that he would say it now causes a queer feeling to settle in her stomach. She stares at him, silent for a long moment, before simply stepping back, allowing him to pass.

After another heartbeat, her attention turns back Leilan, features smoothing as her customary calm settles over her once more. Her gaze chills as she considers him. Relation he might be, but she still does not appreciate the deliberacy of his actions. “If you only wish to tweak noses, go elsewhere, uncle,” she reprimands in a low tone, head tilting slightly. She is most certainly not in the mood for such antics. Not now.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Sorry, she's in bitch mode apparently D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Just don't care what the world says; Heartfire - by Heartfire - 10-10-2018, 10:58 AM