• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just don't care what the world says; Heartfire

He had, as he so eloquently put it, caught her an an impossibly bad day. However, even had he not, she would still question his motives. To be fair, she might have been less irritated and far more subtle on any other day. But of course, that’s always a risk you take when you nip at a lion’s tail.

Her blue eyes are steady as she regards the roan stallion, expression inscrutable. She makes no response to his assertions that he had merely wanted to see how his family was doing. As he had had no clue who she was more than thirty seconds prior to their greeting, she doesn’t buy it. Leilan might use sarcasm and crude misdirection to dig his way out of many trenches, but he hadn’t met Heartfire before.

If he had, he would already know she does not disseminate. And she doubts Scorch would have informed him of her tendencies. Of course, grandmother and granddaughter are very similar in the that respect. One would have thought he’d have learned from Scorch.

At his last snarky quip, Heartfire arch’s one equine brow at him before tilting her head in wry acquiescence. “Sound advice, I think I will,” she challenges, tone cool despite the acknowledgement. She shifts, moving to follow Dovev before pausing a moment. Turning her head slightly, her icy gaze fixes on Leilan once more. “Unless you had something more to add?”

Her version of a second chance, slim as it may be. She is certainly not opposed to getting to know her relatives. Even so, she is not willing to be insulted in order to do so.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Just don't care what the world says; Heartfire - by Heartfire - 10-15-2018, 09:59 AM