• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Just don't care what the world says; Heartfire

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    His niece and he are clashing - not unlike he can do with his mother, at times. Too stubborn, and convinced of their own rightness. He wonders, then, if she ever talks to Scorch much, or if there had been some kind of falling-out between them. Like Scorch had had with Noori (something that had never gotten fixed as far as he knows).

He doesn't, actually, really, want that kind of strained relationship with Heartfire too. But she takes his sassy retort a bit too seriously, starting to leave, and he huffs to himself. He's not willing to give in to minor threats like that. She may have heard all kinds of stories but depending on who told them, they're probably not all that true.

After all, he doesn't do it on purpose.

Musing over his new insights on too-alike-family, he looks at her with a tilted head when she stops and turns. Has he got anything to add? He's not sure he does, even if he does recognize it as her way of giving in. It's quite possible she doesn't know how to deal with emotions just like he. So, he stares at her a little longer than would be normal if he'd had a ready answer, because the fact is that he doesn't have a quick retort like a moment before. "I don't know, Cuore di fuoco." He smiles a little - a tiny admittance. The simple fact is, they don't know one another well enough. She doesn't know his reasons for acting out, previously as well as now, and he doesn't know why she feels it's personal. "But let me know if you need someone to talk to about, well, whatever it was that makes you feel upset." A cheecky grin follows. "I know a few people who deal better with our kind, than we seem to do ourselves."
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Heartfire]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Just don't care what the world says; Heartfire - by Leilan - 10-16-2018, 03:48 AM