• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Put my heart where everyone can see - Luster, Merry

"Very pretty" Momma said back, but it sounded different and he peeked over his shoulder at her. She was tense, and covered in shadows, and not as much light as there usually is... He tilted his head at that. But then, oh right. Away. Okay.

Merry slipped in a sneaky, apologetic smile at the man, pleased that he'd taught him what scales are, but sad that he had to go now. Momma had her shadows out and-- oh! His dusty blue eyes fell to the man's feet, where more shadows were sneaking up his new friend's legs. Oh! So sorry!

"I'm sorry!" he blurted out to him, as if it were his own doing that those big legs were getting loved on by shadows.

He dashed back between Momma's legs and rubbed his face on her. He's okay, see? The best momma ever, though. Look how strong and scary she is! Normally she was so very soft and sweet, but he loved how she made him feel so safe too. Not even a big dragon-man could hurt them. Not that he seemed like he would, maybe. Merry wasn't sure about such things, really. Momma knew way better.

The boy smiled up at the man when he gave his name, Leilan. That was nice. It reminded him of water, somehow. Like a valley lake, so very blue and calm and glittering under a bright sky.

"I think I like him, Momma," he whispered helpfully, accidentally loudly as children do, peering up at her from under her front legs, little forehead smooshed against her chest and nose straight up.

[ Cimmerian ]

try to make a fire burn again

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Put my heart where everyone can see - Luster, Merry - by Cimmerian - 10-14-2018, 02:48 PM