• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sword in the darkness; jassal pony
    i don't want anything from her
    except her red apple heart.
    something i can bite into quickly
    without making a mess.
    The day always finds him passed out beneath some tree, legs sprawled out like he hasn’t got any sense as to how he’s supposed to sleep. It’s late afternoon when his eyes open to the sounds of cicadas. He’s not immortal, he thinks, but death doesn’t come for him regardless. Bullshit, he thinks. Samael always finds himself wandering to the edge of some cliff and daring the wind the push him over or for the ground to crumble beneath him. He hasn’t got the nerve to just jump and do it himself. But why? He’s asked himself that same question a hundred times but the answer is like trying to remember an old dream.

He staggers up and shakes the dried grass from his face before he wanders to the river. The water is so cold compared to the humid summer air and it almost hurts to drink so much. Samael dips his face and exhales through his nostrils to keep the water out before he lifts his dripping head. His dull brown eyes drift lazily to the boy standing at the curve up ahead and he considers some awful trick to terrify him. But he resists. They all have enough to fear as it is.

The imp wanders along the water’s edge until he’s close enough to make out the finer details of the stranger. Their horns are similar, he thinks, though his twist unlike anything of this awful world and bend sharply back. The little tuft at the end of Samael’s tail flicks back and forth, back and forth like a cat spotting a bug. There is nothing violent or hungry to him – not for now, anyway.

How long have you been watching your reflection?” he asks as a smile relaxes across his face. His voice is warm and yet it is not inviting. It delights in something unseen, something not apparent to anyone except the imp. He steps closer until his cloven hooves sink beneath the surface of the slow-moving river and the fish scatter from him frantically. Samael is careless with his movements and each step fights the current rather than easing through it.

SAMAEL
    when i close my eyes, i'm a statue
    that she wants to run her tongue over.
    when i close my eyes, i cut it off
    and keep it.
    @[Warden] sam is cooperating so this is SUPER RARE

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the sword in the darkness; jassal pony - by Samael - 10-05-2018, 11:01 AM