• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Halloweenfest 2018 - Part Two: Electric Boogaloo
    The little lion-girl waits for anything. She’s rather annoyed now at the whole display of it all. This was definitely taking too long. She hated that for sure.

However, the little scramble and curses slipping through the night from Jack send her ears flickering in a flurry forward. She stares into the darkness of the cavern with wide-eyes as her jaw opens in shock at what she hears. If anything she is rather shocked by the words that flow through his mouth, filled with cruses she knows she isn’t even allowed to use herself

But it brings a rather big smile to her face. “What’s the problem, Jack!?” Otrera taunts him playfully as her open mouth then curves into a grin that reaches from ear to ear. “Did your plan not go so well!” She adds because it was too much fun taunting the poor guy.

<i> POP!</I>

Otrera leaps up with fright at the sudden noise.

<I>POP! POP! POP!</i> The noise continues.

“Is that you Jack!?” She quickly turns around to look at what all the commotion was. Suddenly there was dozens and dozens of small pumpkins sprouting from the ground. She snorts in irritation at the mess that the pumpkins have made across her home in Nerine. “Jack, you need to clean up this mess! My parents will not like this one bit! No they will not!” She is at least determined not to be blamed for this mess of a scene that unraveled.

Otrera blinks, expecting one of them to pop up and speak, but no one does. “Ugh!” She shakes her head and looks around. “Well Jack, what will it be?” She protests because it was nearly her bedtime.

Her ear flickers at the voice of Jack again. “Now you want me to lure you out!? What sort of game is this? I don’t like it at all anymore.” Perhaps it was time for her to go to bed.

Otrera moves several feet away from the cave, stepping over various heads that could be Jack. She just supposes they are all for show and this was really nothing. At least until he spoke again.

“Your children!?” She stops dead in her tracks, quickly looking towards the shadows around her. The little lion-girl isn’t sure what or where he means his <i>children</i> lurk. What sort of creatures did he even have?

She takes a deep gulp of air. Well, she definitely can’t go back to bed now with these children lurking in the dark! “Fine, fine,” she mumbles under her breath, “I’ll play your little game.” She gives in, but hopes it will be over with soon.

Otrera turns back to look towards the cave. She is definitely certain he is in there. None of these pumpkins were him, at least she suspected that he would have come out by now and tried to get her. Well, whatever the objective of this game was to end it all. She didn’t even quite know except she was supposed to capture this sort of Jack creature.

It is best that she gets to work. The filly scrambles sweets within the trees of Nerine. Luckily, the weather has been nice lately and some of her favorite sweets were just within reach… Well, the ones on the ground would have to do. She was a bit small to get the sweetest of them all on the very top of the branches. Along the way she also gathers the pretest of flowers and plants she can find.

Now that she has all she needs, Otrera heads back towards the entrance of the cave. She continues to work busily to lay her trap out. Was it even really a trap? It really looked more like some sort of child-like art work that she would have brought back to her parents from school. If anything it was sort of cute looking, and maybe even delicious looking with the few treats from Nerine’s trees.

She takes a step back to look at her creation. “Well, that looks very good! But it is missing something,” he says softly, contemplating what it might be. Her eyes then dodge to the nearest pumpkin. “Perfect,” she says and moves over to roll it to the center of the trap she has laid out. But something smelled rather pleasant inside of the pumpkin. She slams her hoof onto the pumpkin, smashing it open. Out pops all sort of Halloween decorations and treats (from skeletons, to creepy crawly plastic bugs, bats, and all sorts of delicious sweet candies). “That’s more like it now,” she smiles with delight.

“Hey, Jack!” she yells turning towards the dark cave, “I have something special for you!” Her smile grows wider at what she thinks is about to unfold. Well, she decides she better get to somewhere a bit away to see what happens next. Quickly Otrera moves away from the cave and back towards where a few of the sweet trees she had gathered the fruits off of.

Suddenly she stumbles over something—one of the pumpkins that had sprout. “OOF!” She says crashing right onto her own face. The pumpkin underneath her ruptures open, spilling out some sort of weird colorful goo all over her. Her legs suddenly shrink and become stumpy little limbs. “AHH WHAT IS HAPPENING!” She tries to get up but falls back onto her face again. She definitely is now the laughing stock with such a large body and head with the most stumpest and shortest of legs ever seen.

And it seems she has fallen into a rather big problem. She cannot get up! She definitely will lose this game! She definitely will be the one getting caught now! “No, no, no,” she mumbles angrily underneath her breath. She was the one supposed to WIN this GAME!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Halloweenfest 2018 - Part Two: Electric Boogaloo - by Otrera - 10-06-2018, 11:25 PM