• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

breathe in the salty air { FALLS }

Tonight I'll sit by the sea

Heavens will rain in my eyes

Not really a bad reason for why she is here, she just is. Obviously she needed a place to live, for here she is, large with foal, belly so large she felt as if she were to pop at any moment. Though she didn't want it to happen here. She wanted it to happen somewhere she could call home. She herself was not born in any particular place and didn't grow up in one either. Elysion knew she did not want that for her child. She wanted peace, to raise her child well in a place that he or she could grow and flourish, making friends and memories there. That was her goal and she was not going to let that slip away from her. This was her first ever chance to bring a child into this world, she just wants to do it right. Her wide belly sways side to side as she makes her way through the field, the new grasses still wet with the remaining bits of slushy snow on the ground. The warm spring sun beats down on her roaned grey back, her hot pink spots on her rump showing a little more as her winter coat begins to thin out. Her heavy steps bring her to a nice patch of grass, it looked so inviting. A girl as pregnant as she was obviously was tuckered out from her walk here. She circled a few times, and then slowly brought herself down in the nest of dry new grass. This little spot was comfortable, propped up on a small hill where she could see everything going on around her. She noticed many homeless horses, many recruiters, some heavy with child like her as well.

Nothing phased her at this moment, she was comfortable, minus the occasional kick of the child inside. She imagined it saying "ok mom, I am ready to come out now!!" she chuckled softly, turning her head to touch her velvety mottled muzzle to her large belly. She hummed softly, she wondered if this child could hear her, maybe it would remember her songs she hummed to it when it is born. Only a few days now and she would find out. She knew the father was a bit of a darker character, but she would raise this child as best she could, she knew with this amount of kicking that it would be a difficult child for sure. Though hopefully there would be mares in her future home with experience that she could get pointers from. Being a first time mom she is a bit nervous, she doesn't want to mess up. She would kick herself forever if she somehow failed this child to be. But she couldn't think like that, it must be the hormones. The day had just begun, she has all day to relax and not think about it, especially when, hopefully, someone comes to "collect" her.  

e l y s i o n

His first home was beside the sea; now he dwells beside a river. Texas has lived a great many places in between – a jungle, a tundra, on the plains and plateaus – but he is content where he is. He’s lived there for five years now (at least this time, in sum his years there have been so much longer), and the peaceful kingdom has always been a good place to rest his head. It’s bothersome habit of sapping away his immortality has been its only downfall, and if the past few hours are any sign, perhaps even that flaw has been removed.

Texas still looks old – a dark bay horse with a grizzled face, lanky and somewhat bonier than he has been before. He’s not especially handsome or strong-looking; he looks like an aged herd stallion still clinging to the last vestiges of his stubborn pride. It’s not until he smiles (which he does, approaching a ridiculously pregnant mare) that it becomes a little clearer why other horses might have let him lead their kingdoms…several times over.

“That looks a little uncomfortable,” he says, gesturing toward her enlarged belly with a faint smile. His voice is low and slow, a drawl without the ‘honey’, that seems to accompany so many. “If you’d like a nicer place to raise him, I’d suggest the Falls.” For the first time he notices the bright spots of color on his hide, strangely pink. Is her baby going to be equally flashy? It’d probably make it easier to find, he thinks idly. In his limited experience, children always tend to be hiding when you need them most. “I’m Texas,” he adds, “and I’m from the Falls, so I might be a little biased about their niceness.”
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

Tonight I'll sit by the sea

Heavens will rain in my eyes

She does not really ever stay in one place too long. Her mother being a flyer made it hard for her to be, for she always flew about, finding new interesting places. Always bringing her daughter along with her. Elysion thought often of her mother. She wished she had appreciated her time with her more, spent more time observing her. She never thought much about becoming a mother when she was younger. She never dreamed of it. But alas here she is, ready to burst. Her dozing and zoning was nice, relaxing, though soon she was awakened gently. She looks up, her blue eyes glossy with morning sleepiness. She sees he is an older stallion, obviously seeing much more than she ever has. His greeting makes her smile, she looks to her bulging tummy and then back to him. Her voice is light, glowing almost heavenly, just like her mother. "Yes, it most certainly is, I am hoping it decides to exit soon!" She lets out a giggle. He then offers up his home as a place where she could raise her child. She smiles brighter as she heaves herself up from her grassy nest. "That would be so wonderful, thank you so much! I lived in many places when I was a filly, I don't even know where I was originally born. So to raise my child somewhere as nice as the Falls sounds, that would be great." her motherly instinct to be soft and polite for some reason was probably a bit much. Though this older stallion would probably not mind, she thought to herself.

She chuckled at his comment about probably being biased. "It is nice to meet you Texas, my name is Elysion." she pauses a moment as her child protested against her ribs. "Well if everyone there is as nice as you, then I believe that the Falls will be a wonderful place to call home." She can feel herself beaming on the inside, she wondered if her child, even while still slumbering within her large belly, was feeling just has happy as she. She nodded her head respectfully to Texas and took a step closer to him. She couldn't wait to see the Falls, she imagined it to be filled with fresh mist and rainbows reflecting all around.  

e l y s i o n

Texas is endlessly graceful that he was not born a female. There are a number of good reasons, but at this particular moment the inability to become pregnant is certainly the highlight. The thought of carrying something around (other than a full stomach) is incredibly off-putting, and while he does enjoy the act of creating children, everything after that is messy and boring and definitely not for him. There is a reason that Texas has met only a handful of his children. They tend to be those with mothers he was fond of, or as in the case of Brennen, those that prove themselves better than the majority of Beqanna’s population.

The bay stallion is mildly curious about the identity of the father of this child, but for boring reasons only. If Elysion is going to make her home the Falls, that means that her child will be under their protection as well. He hopes that this mare hasn’t snuck away from some possessively-minded stallion who might have plans to come and steal her (and the child) away. If she has, she’ll be safe of course, but he’d rather not have to deal with it if possible.

His mind is wandering as he waits for an answer, but as soon as she does he focuses his dark eyes on her again. Texas gives her a bright smile, knowing what she has already said that she does intend to come to the Falls. Success – even if not entirely his to claim. She seems like a nice mare, sweet and soft and polite. That is, of course, the kind that Texas likes most of all. They expect the world to be as kind to them as they are to it, and it is all too easy to fulfill those expectations with a minimum amount of actual effort.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you as well,” he replies, and there is nothing in his soft smile and brown eyes to indicate that he is anything less than pleased and slightly excited. “Most of the residents there are probably a bit nicer than me, actually.” He tells her, and that is entirely truthful. “I think you’ll like the Queen, Shatter Me. She’s a mother too, though Tyrna has been fully grown for a while. I imagine she’s full of advice on child-rearing if you’d want it.” True as well, and he can imagine the delight on the grey queens face at the idea of having children running around the Falls again. Texas hasn’t missed the little patter of hooves, but he knows that mares are more emotional about such things.

“It’s just a little north of here,” Texas says, taking a moment to gesture towards the northeast with his grizzled black muzzle. “Less than an hour’s walk I’d imagine, even with that.” He glances at her burgeoning belly once more, knowing that its likely to slow her down. It’s still not a bad trip, one of the closest kingdoms to the Field, after all . “I can take you there now, if you’d like?”
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls