• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    this is your kingdom, this is your crown; ruan, soldat
    <link href='https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura|Jaldi' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'> <style type="text/css"> .bright_container {width: 550px; border: solid 1px #000; background-color: #22211F; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px black; } .bright_text {width: 500px; background-color: #99AD8A; border-radius: 50px 50px 0 0; margin-top: -95px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 1px black; } .bright_container p { margin: 0; } .bright_image {height:800px;width:550px; background-image:url('https://s26.postimg.cc/bhvjotyrd/bright.jpg');} .bright_message { text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif; padding: 0px 35px; color: #262722; } .bright_name { font: 80px 'Allura', cursive; color: #414234; text-align: center; } .bright_quote { font: 11px 'Jaldi', serif; color: #414234; text-align: center; text-transform: uppercase; line-height: 1.1em; letter-spacing: 1px; padding-top: 20px; } .bright_grad-bg {width: 550px; height: 300px; background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(34,33,31,0) 0%, rgba(34,33,31,1) 100%); background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%,rgba(34,33,31,0)), color-stop(100%,rgba(34,33,31,1))); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(34,33,31,0) 0%,rgba(34,33,31,1) 100%); background: -o-linear-gradient(top, rgba(34,33,31,0) 0%,rgba(34,33,31,1) 100%); background: -ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(34,33,31,0) 0%,rgba(34,33,31,1) 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(34,33,31,0) 0%,rgba(34,33,31,1) 100%); filter: progidBig GrinXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#0022211f', endColorstr='#22211f',GradientType=0 ); margin-top:-300px;} </style> <center> <div class="bright_container"><div class="bright_image"></div><div class="bright_grad-bg"></div><div class="bright_text"> <p class="bright_quote">with her sweetened breath and her tongue so mean <br>she's the angel of small death and the codeine scene</p> <p class="bright_message"> 

She does not notice it at first, misses the shift of magic released - too much and too fast and too dark, seeped into a land too ready to claim it. Too eager to let it mutate into something wild and destructive, to see it spread through those who had obeyed their strange summons, come to heed the command of a dark lord where he laid seeds of poison in their minds.

Nor does she feel it build within the land, thickening blow by blow as the crest-bearer is overcome. They were too focused on their own magic, buried too deep inside themselves and in one other, trapped in the rivulets of blood-magic where it mixed and spiderwebbed into veins against the hard earth.

She does not feel it until it is too late, does not pull back in time to prevent what she suddenly understands is to come. There has been too much magic expelled from her - first for the boy, then for Taiga, for Ruan. More magic after that to bring them all here, and still more to command her mate from his prison of cold and ice. She should have saved more, should have held <i>something</i> in her reserves for later, for this, for this thing they should have seen coming.

But she is blind when it hits, has only the impossible unraveling of seconds into hours to understand - and she does, in those few, shattering seconds, she understands. There is only one word on her lips when the dark comes to claim her, a hazy night swallowing the view of two glorious wolves united in their fury, their dominance. She sways, legs crumpling beneath her as though these bones have turned to ash inside her skin, as though they are nothing.

<i>They are all nothing.</i>

The man is dead, his magic unleashed, and in the last, unraveling second before her head hits hollowly against the dirt and rock, she whispers, <i>“Plague.”</i>

</p><p class="bright_name">bright</p></div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this is your kingdom, this is your crown; ruan, soldat - by bright - 11-01-2018, 09:32 PM