• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  take me somewhere [ nice ] (Jesper/Splash)

I’d travelled far, my heart’s desire for familiarity probing into various lands like the veins of a pulsing heart. It would have been easy for me to simply take aim and pull the trigger into settling many times previous to this, but the soul-quivering desire thrumming inside my chest prevented this.

I wanted more. Exactly what, I wasn’t particularly sure. I just knew I wanted more.

So I found myself surrounded by trees beckoning my name, leaves quietly pattering against each other in a gentle breeze. Their inhabitants chirped and squawked, congratulating me in a sense, on my arrival. I stood, motionless, my grey tresses flicking to and fro; waiting to see what my heart demanded next. I stood out quite painfully dressed in pale skin against all of the magical greenery, but I was unbothered. I hadn’t scented anything of the predatory type in quite some time - this instance would be no different. Sunshine gleamed eagerly through the treeops, caressing my smooth grey pelt with a warmth that brought a faint grin to my delicate lips. My heart, for once, stood still, void of manic ambition or dissatisfaction.

The grin widened.

It was greeted with more uprising in the brush, revealing their joy of my presence. The wilderness could feel the contentment infecting my previously vexed desires, and the happiness was tangible and contagious. Birds with their beautiful tiny voices peeped loudly, swooping high above my delicate crown, and I tossed my forelock in recognition. “I’m here,” I breathed, my deep green eyes peering towards the sky and its cloudless expanse.

I revelled in the restored calmness deep inside my chest.

I was here.

N A K I R

and if you`re still breathing, you’re the lucky ones, cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs

@ Jesper
    note: her name is in fact being changed to nakira, as i don't thoroughly search for things, apparently x3
    In the past, Jesper chose the Forest as his go-to when he felt lost and defeated. While he had never experienced these emotions to this extreme, the ebony steed wonders if an old haunt would perk him up. Not to mention, he had been out of touch with the mainland for quite some time. He hoped to bump into a familiar face or, two. Of course, new faces are always welcome. With a gentle sigh, Jesper steps forward from under the shade of the jungle canopy. Hind legs stretch behind him as he takes a couple of strides. Thick crest arches to draw muzzle into muscled breast as topline rounds and stretches. Soft sigh flutters past nostrils before jet-black steed sets his casual pace towards Ischia's southern shore.

The tide laps eagerly at the sandbar; however, a solid crossing remains visible. Jesper pushes on and soon finds himself on the coast of the mainland. The stallion follows the river and picks his way along the edges of Loess and Sylva. He hugs the border of Taiga until he reaches the path to the Forest. I welcome the shadows and cross willingly into the wooded realm. Ebony stag marches along until his icy blue gaze falls upon a smoky grey equine. His poll lifts with interest and his tufted lobes prick ahead of him. Her light perfume enters his nostrils and draws him in. The maiden did not carry any lingering traces of a Beqanna kingdom. Thus, she likely held no allegiances to one. Jesper offers a soft smile as he feels his own troubles dissolving to make room for his social curiosity. He speaks in a gentle tone to introduce himself, "Hello miss, my name is Jesper. I hope Beqanna is receiving you well."
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[crownofbones] @[Adira]

I’m not celebrating long before I hear an interruption in the guffawing of the wilderness, birds holding their tiny breaths for a few moments as they detect a prowler heading in my direction.

I sniff, my sensitive nares drinking in the crisp air surrounding me, taking note of its freshness. Within its body hides a new scent - someone I’ve not met (which makes sense; I’ve never been to this land before). He is earthy, musky with a hint of sweetness; and as my eyes flit to and fro from tree to shrub, I find him. His skin is dark, the complete opposite of mine, with tresses that dance with bronze in the sunlight. His face is friendly, and I appreciate this. Though I’m not overly concerned of threat, I am much more of a peace-keeper than a warlord.

The stag approached with no hint of peril. He wears a soft smile on his dark lips, and I return the gesture with a smirk of my own. “Hello miss, my name is Jesper. I hope Beqanna is receiving you well,” The stranger offers with a soft voice. I savor the name of these new lands in my mouth: Beqanna. 

“Thank you, Jesper,” I retort, voice whimsical with kindness. “I’m glad to know the name of this land, now,” I continue. “My name is Nakir. As you already know, I’m new to Beqanna. So far, I am enjoying myself very much. It’s beautiful here,” I admit; Beqanna was beautiful. To me, it felt like there were a million new opportunities lying on the horizon, like slumbering creatures silently craving to be woken. 

My green eyes leave Jesper’s for a few moments, looking curiously around us, listening to the leaves continue to flutter against themselves. “Were you born here, Jesper?” I query, my placid gaze once more focusing on the dark stag before me. I cock a hind-hoof, my hips lazily rolling in relaxation. 

N A K I R

and if you`re still breathing, you’re the lucky ones, cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs

@ Jesper