• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nilla pony;
    Absenthium

He was free today, as in not babysitting. Which he didn't mind, though. Vanish was basically the cutest baby sis anyway. And she adored him for who-knows-what-reason. Which was also nice. Especially since he's usually pretty grumpy, even when he tries to be extra sweet to her.

Kinda fails at sweet.
    Oh well.

Freedom apparently meant bored. There was only so much exploring he was willing to do in a day, and he didn't want to get too far away from Mom and Vanish in case Dad showed up. Or well, Dad never really shows up-- You know? It's not important. He was just staying nearby. Ish. And honestly, he kept half-expecting Vanna to just pop out of the shadows of the trees and surprise him. But so far, she hadn't.

His dark hooves sank a little into the mud with a squishy sound that gave him creepy tingles. Ugh, weird. So he continued a little further out, until he was in super shallow waters and could feel it all whisper soft and tickly over his black ankles.

Sunlight through the canopies sort of danced over his big white wings, and that was kinda fun to watch. Like a bunch of light bugs that can't be felt or touched. Hm. How fitting, he supposed. Since his wings also can't be felt or touched. But it was certainly not a thing he liked to advertise, and was easy enough to hide since they looked perfectly normal. It wasn't like he let anyone but Mom and Vanish anywhere near him anyway.

But anyway.

He really wasn't doing much. Only took his eyes off of the sunlight dapples and began trudging further up the river, making sure not to get too far in. Can't fly, can't swim. Maybe it would be a work in progress. If he felt like it.

@[Vanilla Custard] 
    please don't hate me for reposting his other one! D; it means i get to write with you sooner and that is my priority xD <333

Tähti
    we are stars wrapped in skin

Well well, wasn't this an interesting week.

For the untrained eye, she's just a black filly - her rebirth had been this spring, and though she's by now taught herself how to survive on soft fruits and overly-long-chewed spring grass, it's been no fun to have to freakin' walk all over the place. Well, at least she's travelled a bit now. Yay me.

For a moment, she had debated not going home. She knew that as a baby this age without a milk-producing mother, she was just a burden to them; but she could not stand living in the fairies' den much longer. Ironically, that's how she'd met her father. But she guessed that was another story, one for later. For now, she had bigger things to worry about. Like getting home before dark (out of the question, the river was flowing the wrong way to swim with the current, and she was probably not going to get far enough today, having started from the meadow. The sun had passed noon some time ago now).

And when there's a yearling colt up ahead, she just scowls. Then sighs. Yeah, whatever. Add that to the list of delays. "Hi."

Might not befit a young filly born this spring - but well, she's a three-year-old in a baby's body. She has reasons to scowl.

the light you are searching
    has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Absenthium]
    Absenthium

I've waited too long with my feet on the ground
    I'll get so high, no one can get my wings

"Hi."

He turned his head to the voice, looked down a little and found a black filly. He frowned. What the hell was up with the attraction to him by little kids? It wasn't like he was the friendliest guy around, nearly always had a scowl on his dark face. And sure, he wasn't all that much older than her, but he babysat his baby sister all the time about the same age as this girl and it was just getting pretty weird how they all seemed to flock to him lately. (Oh god, was this Dad's meddling?? That goddamn jerk.)

Again, like before, he glanced around for her parents. 
    No. Of course not. That'd be too easy.

He sighed and looked back down at her. "Hello," he offered back sullenly, resigned. It was kind of getting dark, though, hadn't she noticed? "So, um. You live nearby?" Because obviously he was going to have to walk her home or something equally as stupid. His huge white wings shifted in agitation, blanketing over all the shimmery gold of his skin. Ugh, if she lived far away... He grimaced at his next thought, one that was even worse than that.

"You're not gonna want like, a cuddle or anything, right? 'Cause I'm serious. I'm fresh out. It ain't happening." Maybe he was a little blunt, but it was better than sneaking around like a creep like Father. 

"And if you live far away, you're probably gonna have to hang out with me 'til I can get you home. As in sleeping. Not playing. Not cuddling. Sleeping." And he sure wasn't going to be walking around at night in strange territory if he could help it. He held his gray eyes on her, waiting to learn just how far he was gonna have to walk this evening.

Tähti

The yearling colt turns around to look at her, and all she recieves is a returned frown. Herself, she's still scowling a bit, though it is fading at that point. She cocks her head at him, and when he gives a sullen answer, and a stupid question, she chuckles at him. He seems pretty agitated; she probably would be too, in his position, finding a random baby without parents.

At his mention of cuddles however, she gives him an evil grin, and when he's finished talking, she steps wordlessly into his personal space, wings wrapping around him as much as she can. Sure, he'll probably back up, or push her away. But she can't care. He's warm, and, well he sort-of expected her to want to cuddle him, right?

Nuzzling her head against his chest once more, she steps away, and laughs. "I know a fun game. You guess where I live, you can walk me home. If you're wrong, I'm just gonna cuddle up against you, because you're warm, and I'll leave... when I please." she challenges.

has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Absenthium]
    lol
    Absenthium

I've waited too long with my feet on the ground
    I'll get so high, no one can get my wings

She got a seriously creepy smile on her face when he mentioned cuddles, and he took a mental note not to say that word again. Ever. Not in front of this one. And his body tensed up, too. And oh god, she was right there against him and her wings are all over him. His own wings lifted and move out of the way quickly before she could pass right through them like a damn ghost.

She nuzzled his chest and stepped back, talking about some kind of game or something that most definitely did NOT sound fun. Especially when the odds were that he was about to get cuddled a ton more. Because let's face it, he didn't exactly know any of the kingdoms, not by name. He'd only seen a couple of them then turned right back around to make sure his sister and mom were safe from dad. Highest priority.

"Um." Yeah, he wasn't sure. Roll a dice, say something random, hope for the best? He was about to get snuggled to death, wasn't he?

"The forest?" Most places were a forest, right? Or at least had one? Even a little one? That should count. He hoped.

Tähti

The black filly's grin grows a little wider, when the boy clearly has not a single clue. Truth is, she wouldn't even smell like home, after spending some months near the fairies' den, and travelling through the meadow and forest to here, so she could go home. If anything, the direction where she came from and was going to, could be an indication.

But he doesn't even understand that clue. In fact, he doesn't even name a kingdom, and she cocks her head at him, then chuckles. "Nope." Rushing forward, she dives her neck under his chest and rubs an itch away. Looking up at him mischievously, she sticks out her tongue. "I bet you're from the forest, though."

has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Absenthium]