• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder[Sabra] MATURE
    Nerine, it would be a new home to her. She had been welcomed, and made a friend with a sovereign of neighboring Hyaline, and felt an overall sense of peace that had been missing far longer than she'd realized. Soon she would summon her sons, and their new lives would truly begin. Some time, not much, had passed since her original entrance to this kingdom, and now she grazed independent from others in the stone scattered landscape. 

The sun was beginning his daily deathfall into the cold waters of the ocean, painting the landscape tints of fire. It was like standing inside a world of citrine and garnet, everything dripping with dying light. Out of the russet sky fell a phantom of her past. The strange light turned him a deeper shade of violet as his hooves clatter back to earth. "Klaudius." She greeted simply, taken aback by the familiar face. How long had it been since their paths had crossed last? Years. Much time had passed, so much had changed. She was different from the vapid girl who'd followed him into foolishness. 

Still though, they shared history, and a son besides. A son she had not seen in as many years as his sire, but it made no difference. "Here and there. I've kept a rather nomadic lifestyle these last few years. And you? Where have you called home since Ischia fell from Krone's grasp?" She asked more out of etiquette than intense curiosity. 

The pink corners of her lips lifted slightly at his approach, she allows the touch, but breaks it with a laugh. She had long since moved on from the turmoil he had caused her as a younger thing. "You missed me? I'm sure I'm flattered, Klaudius, but our day has long since passed." The delicate curve of her face looked away from his gaze. Another face rose in her mind's eye, haloed in hope. "I've moved on, you should consider doing the same." A harder note belied her soft tone, emphasizing that she had no intention of falling for his charms again. That road had never brought her happiness then, she had no reason to think it would now. 

@[Klaudius]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder[Sabra] - by Sabra - 10-07-2018, 06:48 PM