• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Look into the distance; any
    Her mother had been quite surprised when she found a new ability yesterday... now, the yellow-golden girl honestly just couldn’t stop trying it. She had not her mother’s colour-shifting ability, though between us, why would she ever want to use it - she was a pretty girl and throughout spring and summer, she had not a second wanted to hide herself away; instead, today she was carrying her sunrise mane and tail with a happy glow.

Surrounding herself with the sunlight she’s absorbed that morning, and still was taking from the sky while she raced between legs, the filly tried to escape her mother’s eye. It was impossible, sure, when you were literally aglow in the mass of horses; and by the end of this afternoon she would surely love to return to her soft-yellow mother. But it did not mean she could not pretend, right? And perhaps, she would make friends today... although, so far it had really only been adults she saw, and most of them grazing at that; meaning they were incredibly boring.
    .S.A.F.F.R.A.N.
    if you don’t see our grace, and you’ve lost your way
    I will leave a light on

When mother found of Lothars trait she deemed him to much to handle. She brought him to father's kingdom, leaving him to be raised by the estranged stallion. It was an odd adjustment, though his father did not seem to bad, for now at least. His father was a busy man, it was easy for him to break away from the kingdom and explore in his own.

Today he did just that, he decided to visit the meadow, he heard of the meadow from his older sister. He was in his cheetah form, just a cub, the yellow and spotted cub prowled through the tall grass in the meadow. He remained hidden, absorbing in all the equines from the meadow, there was few foals around....Suddenly he was spotted a foal, at least he thinks it is.

The filly was gleaming with light, the feline tilted his head in confusion. what the.. he looks at her. He gives a shrug, shifting himself from his feline form back into his bay roan equine body. He approaches the filly with a smile on his maw Hey there! My name is Lothar he gives a greeting, he attempts to pick up her kingdom scent like father taught him, but he couldn't detect one. He gazes over the filly, she was bright yellow, almost matching his pelt when he shifts Into his cheetah form.

@[Saffran]
    Of course, she was spotted easily, and not by her mother this time. However, while racing, she hadn't seen the cheetah cub or the colt he turned into, and when he started talking, she needed to make a sliding stop. Absorbing the sunlight still, she adjusted the glow, dimming it a bit, and looked him over. A bay, but with a whitish gleam on his upper body; roan colouring. It's kinda pretty, she thinks, and with a bit of effort, adjusts her own sunlight glow to do just that; pretending to be a sunlight roan.

She grins at him, wasn't this fun? Yet, he'd given a name, and after some thinking, she recalls her own. "I'm called Saffran. But if you have something better, that's fine too." she chuckles, and looks at him oddly when he tries to smell something on her. "It's light, you can't smell it," she points out world-wisely. Shaking her orange-and-rosy-coloured mane, she grins at him. "Where's your mom? I ditched mine, for a bit."
    .S.A.F.F.R.A.N.
    I will leave a light on

LOTHAR

calm will follow the storm as peace follows war

He had interrupted her, distracted her from the talent she had. She was playing with the sunlight as if it was talking back to her, something he did not understand but admired. As she drew to a halt and scanned over Lothar, she manipulated the sunlight and her pelt looked similar to his with the roan markings. A laugh escaped his maw impressive he says as he moves his maw trying to block the light for a brief moment, seeing if he too was able to play with it.

I'm Saffran she introduces herself, noting he could call her something else if he likes. He shrugs I think Saffran is pretty a smile following his response. It's light, you can't smell it she says and he quickly snaps his head back to its regular state Oh...of course he says, feeling silly for even thinking he could play with the light as well.

Where's your mom? I ditched mine she inquires, curious how he was out and about on his own. At first it striked a nerve, he was just newly abandoned by his mother, something he has yet to come to terms with fully. I live with my father he admits, trying to make it as least awkward as possible. My father is always busy with the kingdom, so it was easy to slip away. What kingdom do you live in? He asks, unable to detect a kingdom from scent he would have to simply ask where she was from.

@[Saffran]
    The filly pranced in place, giggling. Saffran is pretty, he said, ansd perhaps it was. Momma said it was a flower, so she wasn’t sure if he meant the name, or the flower, or herself, but honestly she did not mind the little bit of mystery there was to his remark. She found it most funny that he looked silly when she said he couldn’t smell the light, though she wasn’t one to point it out, call him out, for it.

He doesn’t seem to have a mom, but he lives with his father, he says. She cocks her head. ”I don’t have a father. So I guess that makes us equal, yeah?” she asks him, but his remarks about kingdoms are com-ple-tely lost on her. ”I live here!” she answers. She’s not interested in kingdoms, to be frank - she doesn’t even really want to know what they are. The way he tells it, it is something boring that adults keep themselves busy with, and so, obviously they are uninteresting to her.

Instead, she trails forward to smell him, a mix of scents, or horses she doesn’t know, and of forests and moisture and she’s not quite sure that she likes the forest or more to the point, the darkness in one. So when she has concluded his home is boring and has a lack of sunlight to play with, she bumps her nose on his shoulder, and bolts. ”Tag, you’re it!”
    .S.A.F.F.R.A.N.
    I will leave a light on

@[Lothar]