• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's catastrophe in everything i'm touching, lepis and any
    At first I think the distant figure is Arthas, and I pause between one step and the next. My dark hoof is poised above the forest floor, torn between continuing forward and going straight. The hesitation lasts for only a moment, and then I am moving nearer to the scaled stranger.

It takes a moment (and I have that, weaving through the red woods toward him takes time even for one as familiar with the trees as I) but I finally pinpoint the stallion's scaled face.

"Vulgaris," I say, stepping forward out of the trees with a flick of my white-tipped tail and a welcoming smile. "I don't think we've formally met. I'm Lepis." I do not leave the question of who I am for an overlong pause, but I am curious if he might know me without introductions.

It seems I am becoming rather vain.
    If only it were that simple.

Closer to him now, my curious blue-grey gaze flicks across his scaled figure and the curious shadows on his muzzle. The green eyes I meet at last are slit-pupilled and unfamiliar; he is a type of monster I have never seen before. I inhale a long breath of the humid summer air, glancing up for a moment at the golden canopy of beech we stand beneath and trying to remember the location of the nearest stream. When I look back down I am poised once more.

"Is there news from Loess?" I ask, my navy head tilted curiously. The long fall of my mane is obscuring all but the longest of my scars, and I I roll my shoulders to ensure that it does. "Or have you come for something else?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's catastrophe in everything i'm touching, lepis and any - by Lepis - 10-10-2018, 07:47 PM