• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's catastrophe in everything i'm touching, lepis and any
    Vulgaris
    He is surprised when she says his name before he has the chance to introduce himself. Vulgaris has always viewed himself with a kind of disgust and self-loathing, void of charm or reputation. His only redeeming quality was his strength and little else. But she’s polite and offers up her name, one that he can recall Wolfbane mentioning when they first met. Cleric. That was what he had called her. But now she’s the queen of Sylva and he supposes he should give a polite nod of his head. (He never bows and reserves this gesture for those he actually respects.)

A pleasure to finally meet you then, Lepis,” he says with a half-smile. Despite the cold appearance and the harsh angles of his handsome face, his voice is warm and sincere in its tones. Before he was scaled and venomous, the sound of his words used to suit him. But he doesn’t dwell on that sort of thing anymore.

He follows her gaze to the branches overhead and he wonders what she sees up there. Vulgaris meets her gaze when she speaks again and he shakes his head a bit. A light laugh even escapes his mouth when she assumes that he comes only for formalities and business.

No, I’ve only come for a visit. My daughter says I need to get out more.

He offers a shrug of his broad shoulders as though he doubts the validity of what Adna had said. In truth, he does prefer to spend his time solely on Loess, but only because he likes to be close to his family. There is a part of him that believes no one would protect them as he would. But of course, he is alone in the ferocity with which he guards his family, as he is both a monster and a father.

How are things going here in Sylva since Arthas took the throne?” he asks as he admires the scar before she hides it once again. To him, the angry lines across his face are trophies of survival and victory. They are celebrated for the cost that was paid to earn them. Lepis seems to think otherwise, though, so he focuses his gaze on her face instead.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's catastrophe in everything i'm touching, lepis and any - by vulgaris - 10-11-2018, 10:56 AM