• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Vulgaris;
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    Why is he so sad, if this was all he used to dream of? He asks himself the same question but he can’t see clearly into himself anymore. It’s all muddy and everything he thought was certain before crumbles between his fingers now. He’s left scraping at the pieces of what his life used to be and trying to piece together some semblance of a happy future like some ransom note for his heart. But he comes up with nothing and so he doesn’t reply. He just lets the moment die like every other opportunity he had before today.

She assures him that his new family will be beautiful and he lets her words pacify him for now, tries not to think of Adna’s first steps or the day he found Leliana again. It chokes him up but he bites his tongue to keep from thinking about it. No, all he has now is the unborn child in Shiya’s belly, whatever awful thing is spawned from their love. Her laughter almost sounds like broken glass when he asks her to stay, but she promises she will so that’s enough for now. He just wishes she would sink her teeth into his hip instead of teasing the venomous point against his skin. It sends a sick shiver up his spine every time and he’s ashamed by how much he enjoys it.

Her other man,” he parrots back to her, dumb and empty. She’s right, he thinks. She won’t have to pretend to love him anymore. Leliana can seek out whoever it is she really loves while Vulgaris remains here in the perfect cell he’s made for himself. Shiya can pick him apart and stitch him back together into whatever shape suits her awful needs best.

I’ll always love you.

Whether he means Shiya or Leliana remains unclear, as he doesn’t elaborate on the words any further. He simply closes his eyes and waits for sleep to bring him those nightmares where everything is red and pain, where he gets everything he deserves.
    @[Shiya]

Messages In This Thread
    Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 10-08-2018, 12:15 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 10-08-2018, 02:40 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 10-08-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 10-11-2018, 10:38 AM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 10-18-2018, 10:23 AM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 10-22-2018, 11:02 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 10-25-2018, 11:59 AM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 10-26-2018, 12:02 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by Shiya - 10-26-2018, 01:58 PM
    RE: Vulgaris; - by vulgaris - 10-29-2018, 06:18 PM