• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this is the road to ruin and we’re starting at the end, Sviko
    -- I don't know where you're going
    but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

After the dampness of spring, summer was a welcome escape. The meadows that lay nestled amongst the mountains and hills were still scattered with vibrantly colored flowers, and the wide expanse of the sky above seemed to take on a deeper blue.  Of course, Chryseis was one of those fanciful girls that loved something about every season. For summer, the reasons were endless. The amount of stars in the night sky seem to multiply, which was perfect for the nights she couldn’t sleep. Laying awake with an eye full of stars was just what she needed to encourage her dreams to run wild. And the lake became much more enjoyable to swim in, not that the cooler temperatures of the other seasons deterred her, although she would never admit it to anyone that she didn’t really like swimming when it was cold. Chryseis would never back down from a challenge, and that included swimming when the snow melt still made the lake abnormally cold. 

Beneath the afternoon sun she trots briskly, enjoying the warmth of the rays across her back. Her darker winter coat had fully shed, revealing the silvery tone roans were known for. Her raven black mane had grown considerably, and it now cascaded in a wave past her shoulder. Down the center of her shapely face sat the metallic gold blaze, partially hidden by an equally lengthy forelock. She was beginning to grow into her feminine curves, but still held the soft and unassuming angles of a child, having not yet reached two years old. With her dark brown eyes focused on the crystalline surface of the lake, she corrects her course. 

But before she finds herself crashing into the inviting waters, a flicker of gold catches her eye. The way her mind immediately assumes Rhaegor and her heart somersaults, leaves her feeling flustered, especially after she turns her head and realizes this other colt is palomino, and lacks wings. But even still the sight of him brings a bright smile to her lips, because she immediately recognized him as another one of the triplets. ”Hey!” Her voice rings between them, and already she is prancing delightfully towards him. She skids to a halt in front of him, her sweet brown eyes glittering with excitement at the prospect of meeting someone new. ”You’re Rhaegor’s brother, aren’t you? I used to spy on you guys.” She giggles, and instead of trying to make her last statement sound less like something a stalker would say, she adds, ”I’m Chryseis.”

chryseis
    I don’t know where I’m going, 
    but I don’t think I’m coming home

leilan x briseis

@[Radar]
    Summer sun feels good on his back, especially after he’s risen from the bottom of the big blue lake. It makes him lazy and sleepy and he smacks his lips together in a really satisfying way. The water laps at his sides as his hooves anchor themselves in the muck and he’s still deep enough for his little fuzzy tail to float on top of the lake.

Personally, this is the crowning jewel of Hyaline. This lake right here. But he’s probably biased since he’s the littlest prince in a big big royal family. Most of them know that though. His name and status tend to precede him before he can even be anything other than Koko or prince. And boy, does that nickname big him! It was fine when he was still stumbling around on four matchstick legs but now... well, he’s grown but not that much but the nickname is too girly and childish.

Eventually Sviko tires of the lake. 
    He climbs up out of it and shakes himself off, sending a fine spray of droplets flying out into the air around him. No concern is shown for the fact that he’s still damp, trusting both the sun and general heat of summer to take care of that. In what seems to be no time at all for him to formulate a course of action for the remainder of the afternoon, a girlish voice is ringing out towards him.

For a moment, there is a flash of panic on his freshly scrubbed face. Unlike his siblings, he’s not a social butterfly or love-magnet - quite the opposite! His ears splay awkwardly to the sides and his baby-blues blink stupidly at the bright girl with her shiny blinding blaze. At least her eyes were sweet given that she was a glaring example of excitement and energy, which the derpy little prince lacked at the moment. If anything, he might have looked a tad bit guilty at having been caught coming from a perfectly quiet idyll in the lake and for a moment, he wondered... but no, she probably hadn’t seen him actually swimming beneath it.

Only two-thirds of their trio knew about that, currently.

“Y-y-yes.” he stammered, not getting much more than that one word in edgewise. He managed to compose himself somewhat after she admitted to spying on them which sounded like something she did regularly. Suspicion bloomed in him then and his face turned a bit accusing, “Where you spying just then, Chryseis?” Sviko managed to look as imperious as a drowned rat right then before declaring and offering her his name by way of a not particularly apologetic mumble, “Yeah, I’m Sviko.”

@[Chryseis] forgive my lil derp-butt <3